Ford Forums banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered Snooser
579 Posts
svo347 said:
Sounds like you have computer controlling issues with the cold start rather than fuel pressure..
I have 24's & no dramas at all come freezing morning cold starts..
Yes, but are you using the magna ones?
My cold start problems went away after the fuel pressure went up too.

Found some stuff of the net, on a CAMS tech regulations bullatin...
"Original equipment fuel injectors may be replaced with Bosch #0280150775.Fuel pressure must notexceed320 kpa"

This may be what they need to be set at to work efficiently, or it could just be a rule...

The information I posted up earlier also suggests that they were ment to run at an 'operating pressure of 3.3bar'.
If anything it will stuff my pump I would think.
The info I got was second hand though, and I am looking for more data on these injectors to confirm the information.

·
Registered Snooser
579 Posts
The most wonderfully conflicting info found on the web...

Part Number 0-280-150-775

Flow 18.9 lbs/hr, 198.6cc/min

Rating @ 47.9 PSI / 3.3BAR

Also...

Bosch ford
Part Numbers F5DE and XR3E
Flow 24.0lbs/hr 252.2cc/min

http://carsoft.co.il/page3/Electronic%20Fuel%20Injector%28EFI%29%20Flow%20Data%20Table.htm

Looks like I will have to run the fuel pressure regulator up to 61psi :fraz:

Think I will just ring up Bosch and ask them.

Also found this site of interest...
http://www.rceng.com/technical.htm#WORKSHEET

·
Registered Snooser
579 Posts
Some info I dug up.....for archive sake.

(Ford truck7.5l)
0-280-150-728, 24.0lbs, 252.2cc/min @43psi / 2.96bar
High Impedance

(Ford5.0l, truck7.5l, FMS #24)
0-280-150-947, 24.35 lbs 255.9cc/min @39.15 psi / 2.7bar
------------ (24.25 lbs 254.9cc/min)

(Hsv/magna)
0-280-150-775, 18.65 lbs 196.0 cc/min @43 psi / 3.0bar
47.9psi / 3.3 bar op press, 186.7 gms/min @3bar.
15.9ohms High Impedance, EV1, clip: 9122067001

(E-series 5.0l)
0-280-155-821, 16.95lbs 150gms/min @43 psi / 3.0 bar
43 psi / 3.0 bar op press 178.1cc/min
14.5ohms, EV6, clip: 9122067001, Long Body

I have now upped the fuel pressure to 56psi (vac off), to equate to #24lbs at WOT.
The pressure drops with the vaccume line on to about 46-48lbs which is the 'operating pressure' for these injectors.
I also have a Kirban Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator, nice piece of work.
So far the car starts first go, idle has improved, and generally it goes harder.
The car was detonating a little so I backed the timing off from 33 to 31 deg, with good results.

Some more info...
http://www.bosch.com.au/ (motor sport products,injectors)
http://www.bosch.com.au/sat/motorsport/downloads/fuelinjectors.pdf

·
Two SC 61's = trouble
6,360 Posts
Hmm what about runing the std inj with higher f/p...Say 42 Lp???
The reason they say not too much f/p is the pump MAY not be able to handle the volume required at that pressure....A 225 intank is a good upgrade...

·
Registered Snooser
579 Posts
It apears the standard injector are not even #19LBS, BUT 16.95LBS(@43PSI).
To get them to flow 24lbs/hr (for the GMS MAF)I would have to run them at 61-62psi.
The 775 injectors are designed to operate at 48psi and the current pressures are between 46 and 56 psi(vac off).
My pump is of concern. I may have to get a replacement or additional pump.
I'm going to see what the corral boys have done, and try and get it on a dyno to check air fuel ratios and timing/detonation, etc.
Will this determine weather i need a new pump, or is it a matter of if the stock pump will not handle the pressure and die, or not?

·
Registered Snooser
579 Posts
I would just like to try and clear up some things about the 775 injectors.
I had run these injectors at 56psi (vac off)(up from 39psi), with good results(1 sec off 1/4 mile time), however I did experience part throttle detonation, indicating that this wasn't enough.
After pulling my hair out and yelling at the calculator I figured that 60 psi would be best (vac off).
I also found the LS1 boys use these injectors at 60 psi, which is there stock fuel pressure, and they rate them at #24lbs.
I haven't had any audible detonation problems since, and I will get the air/fuel ratios checked on a dyno, but it looks like I have hit a nail on its head.
So any money you save with these injectors will have to go toards an adjustable fuel pressure regulator.

·
Registered
995 Posts
remember that i will be doing a big container full of bits , let me know what injectors u want and i will bring back, so far i have mustang rails and 50 lb injectors on order.

·
Birth, Drift, Death...
3,039 Posts
how much can you get a set of blue top injectors for? and what about MAF sensors? im after a 70-75mm unit, but i would have to know what car its off...

·
Registered
5,083 Posts
So pretty much, you can run them and the'll do the same job as the Ford 24lb injectors, but you need to run an adjustable pressure reg?

I have a set of them in my room, that's all.

·
Registered
453 Posts
there is a downside of running more pressure is that injector life is shortened due to the injector solinoids have to work harder to open and shut, and then there is the issue that fuel delivery can be over the place due to the injectors fighting to open and close. i myself reckon to run std ford 24lb inj as you dont need to play with fuel pressures. thats my two cents worth.

·
Registered
5,083 Posts
Yeah, seems the safer option.

I'm not planning on running the injectors any time soon (besides the obvious reason I'd have two left over), I just grabbed them cos I had the chance.

·
Registered Snooser
579 Posts
LS1's use these injectors @ 60 psi (there stock fuel pressure),and they rate them at #24 lbs/hr.
They are designed to operate at higher pressures.
They are also common, and a cheap alternative to #24 fms injectors.
However you will need an adjustable fuel pressure regulator to get them to work.
I run mine at 60 psi (vac off), and they are going well.
I do have part throttle detonation, but that is because of a deleted EGR that will need further investigation.
As I have said already in this thread, the money you save with these injectors will be put toards an adjustable fuel pressure regulator.
My injectors cost $140 for eight, and my AFPR was about $156-160.
This still worked out cheaper than FMS injectors.

·
Registered
5,083 Posts
So do these Magna injectors fit the 3.8 Holden V6? Might just off load em on ebay and keep the money for some FMS ones.

·
do YOU have rubber?
2,357 Posts
I have ford e-series 24lb injectors for sale. They have been ultrasonically cleaned & tested. See my signature for the link. Perhaps they may remove some of the guesswork for someone here.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts