Ford Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Tempo Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dang it! I dont know how on earth to get the main drive belt out of my engine to replace it! Its a 2.3L 4 cyclinder off a '91 (or 92 - long story). There is a spot that looks like the automatic tensioner or something but i cant get it to loosen. Does anyone know if I need a special tool or how to get the main belt off?

Any help appreciated! Oh, tutorial on getting the trunk open WITHOUT a key coming soon. I have all the pics n stuff, just have to write it up.

U

·
0 Posts
Automatic tensioner

There is a special tool but you really don't need it. A rachet or breaker bar with a 1/2 drive will work fine. There is a square hole on the face of the tensioner, you just stick the rachet in there and I think pull it twords you. It was pretty easy. I could replace the belt now in about 10 min. You shouldn't need to get under the car.

·
Tempo Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got it off i got it off!!!! Damn that belt was in BAD condition. I just bought this car 1 week ago.

I replaced the belt, and she sounds much better. I did a muffler job on it too since the muffler had fallen off.

Tonite I solder the toyota wiring harness to the ford wires, then put in my friends old toyota head unit :)

I also got the trunk key made today so i have to put the whole lock and cylinder back in now. Lots to do

1 - 3 of 3 Posts