Ford Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,412 Posts
Two cars! I wonder what the story is? What happened to the other driver, and if alive, why didn't he report the crash? I rode my Norton to work over the "Crest highway" for many years and still cruise there when the mood strikes. It's an unforgiving place to crash.

·
Super Moderator
20,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This explains it better , seems a road where you will be severely punished for a lack of concentration or excessive speed , or both .

Resources from the Los Angeles Fire Department, Los Angeles County Fire Department, Search and Rescue teams, and local police responded to Little Tujunga Canyon Rd near Mile Marker 11.86 in the Angeles National Forest for reports of a vehicle over the side. Officials arrived to find one vehicle with a solo occupant that flew off the road into the canyon, leaving the driver ejected and critically injured. He was rescued and transported by helicopter to a local hospital in critical condition. Radio traffic heard on the scanner, that the victim was stranded in the canyon for at least 2 days after the crash. Note: The white vehicle seen under the overturned car was not involved and was from a previous accident.

·
Super Moderator
1,412 Posts
The Angeles Forest and Angeles Crest highway (the "Crest") is a single lane mountain road and a very beautiful forest drive that basically runs 60 miles from the Los Angeles basin to Wrightwood. It has tight turns and some nice sweepers, just right for a leisurely cruise, especially in or on the right (proper) machine. But there is little or no "runoff" room and steep cliffs are found in every turn. Like any public road, it is no place to race, but it is also very unforgiving of poor, inattentive, or intoxicated driving. Another good drive in California, there are many, is the legendary highway 1 coastal drive.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts