Ford Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey ford lovers just seeing if it is worth the trouble to put 3 inch mandrel bend pipeing with pod filter on my xr6 ute replacing standard air intake
using k&n filter inside allready and was
also seeing if there is a cheaper allternative instead of geting the pipeing profestionaly bend would 4 inch pipeing be any greater advantage?

C

·
0 Posts
side issue question? do u have a K&N filter system on an AU XR6 UTE.how easy and whwer in Newcastle can O get the set.

cmtwo99 Central coasr

E

·
0 Posts
you can buy piping from your local steel place and cut/weld the corners or get someone @ a pipe bending/exhaust place to bend them into shape for you

experiment, thats how most people do it :) give that a go

·
Registered
25 Posts
Kegs, I am currently looking into this for my EF 6...I went to an exhaust shop on the weekend, and was quoted 160 to have one fabricated out of 3 inch mandrel bends in mild steel.

I then want to have it hpc coated which i believe is $30 per foot.

If yours is an EF, it is most beneficial, the EL intake is considerably free'r flowing than the EF's..

I have been told 3 inch is adequate, and 4 inch may even slow the flow of incoming air?

·
European Member
84 Posts
By using a larger pipe the air velocity can in fact slow down. This theory also applies to a free flow exhaust. Some are 2.5 inches all the way through then revert to 2.25 for the tailpipe to keep the velocity constant.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts