1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
300+rwkw DC LTD Member
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just up graded both.
gt40 upper
65mm throttle body.

bought it all, with a extention tube from a well known supplier. I'm not going to mention this company as he is a well respected figure in the "Ford performance" trade.

He was unvailable when i did the purchae but I spoke to the manager.
Who gave me one bit of advice, which was wrong. Also all the other mod's of which I encounted he did not mention. Obviously he doesn't do any labor!!!

But after taking longer than it should have, it is now finished.

Sometimes, don't ask, it's easier to work it out.....

·
CEO - The BSR Group
4,400 Posts
So how'd the install go?? What improvements have you noticed yet? I'm very interested to hear your report of this!

I have changed the TB on mine to the SVO 65mm unit and have set up cold air ducting from the front spoiler. Haven't changed the MAF or upper / lower intake as yet, but always a temptation :s6:

·
I want a turtle!
2,635 Posts
LTDHO said:
just up graded both.
gt40 upper
65mm throttle body.

bought it all, with a extention tube from a well known supplier. I'm not going to mention this company as he is a well respected figure in the "Ford performance" trade.

Who gave me one bit of advice, which was wrong. Also all the other mod's of which I encounted he did not mention. Obviously he doesn't do any labor!!!

Hey, at least you got prices and parts!!!

Every single time I have requested a price on a Edlebrock performer manifold, 75mm MAF, and 70mm TB, I have not had 1 reply!! This is from NUMEROUS companies.

1 highly regarded company went as far to tell me the 75mm MAF would not work on my car, as I have a UniChip - and would have to have the chip removed to get it to work!!

Last time I checked - reprogrammable chips actually HELPED the car when it came to mods.

·
Shh i'm huntin more power
1,764 Posts
LTDHO said:
just up graded both.
gt40 upper
65mm throttle body.

You have PM......

X

·
0 Posts
Re: Re: manifold and t/b

XR8chic said:

Hey, at least you got prices and parts!!!

Every single time I have requested a price on a Edlebrock performer manifold, 75mm MAF, and 70mm TB, I have not had 1 reply!! This is from NUMEROUS companies.

1 highly regarded company went as far to tell me the 75mm MAF would not work on my car, as I have a UniChip - and would have to have the chip removed to get it to work!!

Last time I checked - reprogrammable chips actually HELPED the car when it came to mods.
Actually a Unichip is not a "chip" as such, it is a piggy back device which just adds to the signals already coming from the EEC. The problem with such devices is that the adaptive learning strategy of the EEC will try to learn it's way around the changes that the piggy back device makes. In effect the EEC will attempt to reverse the changes the Unichip makes. A vicious circle indeed.

This is why I use an EEC-Tuner. It is the only device that actually allows you to get at the original Ford maps and allow you change them. I can even turn the adaptive strategy off!

I don't agree that you would have to remove the Unichip to get the MAF(Pro-M 75 bullet..I assume?) to work,however I would get rid of it for the reasons already mentioned.
You would certainly need to recalibrate with the Unichip for the new MAF/Intake combo though. Are you using 24lb injectors?

Pete.

·
Two SC 61's = trouble
6,360 Posts

·
300+rwkw DC LTD Member
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
summit

i bought alot of stuff from summit. even an under drive pulley kit. give 15hp. doesn't fit aussie 5.0l......

1 - 7 of 7 Posts