Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
EA 5 Speed YEAH BABY!
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellas
just went out and brought an ea bang up for a manual conversion....it had just had recod engine and manual gearbox last year so im like sweet
$1400
good enuf deal...

so yesterday i pulled out the engine and gearbox .....hmmm that doesnt look like a t5....whats that....a CRS belhousing?....why would?.....hmmmm
annnnyway.....i look up the supra 5 spd on the net.....SSSSSSCORE!!!!!!

i have got me a supra 5 speed.....IM SO DAMN HAPPY!!!
its like CHRISTMAS!!!
what are the chances!? the car lookes sooooo banged up on the outside
no one would give it a second look!
:D:D:D:D

Cam

·
Often has bolts left over
848 Posts
hahaha lucky bastard

·
Officially Bored with 347
3,584 Posts
Shoots....... He Scooooorrrrreeessssss
Bargain.!!!

·
Village Idiot
2,526 Posts
Bloody hell, nice pick up!

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
well that would be unexpected, i guess you won't have any issues with it handling power now ;)

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
good buy mate ,well you got ya moneys worth

·
LET EM' RIPPP
1,819 Posts
Far out, thats one Killer buy!

I love hearing about things like that, well done. Look forward to heering more about how the box performs etc.

·
Registered
5,083 Posts
Ooooooh nice! Lucky bugger!

Tell us what it's like, I'm planning on putting one in later in life.

·
400 kg ego
6,188 Posts
Bloody awesome mate, and yes keep us posted of how it goes!!!! I have heard lots of people speak of it but no one has actually done it. :p

·
{';'}
4,345 Posts
Hehehe (still finding it amusing)! How much would a conversion be in comparisson to the T5? Anyone have an idea?

·
Registered
5,083 Posts
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, I think N/A boxes go for about $1200? Turbo boxes are a few extra hundred on top of that.

Dunno what the bellhousing costs, Castlemain Rod Shop do them.

Then you need the pedal box and all the usual stuff.

·
Village Idiot
2,526 Posts
GM Destroya was selling his parts for around $2000... i think.
Compare that to geting a normal one installed for 1500-2000

Not a bad pick up

·
EA 5 Speed YEAH BABY!
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well its nearly all done
engine and gearbox are in pedal box is in
just need to hook up the exhaust and all the ancillerys

note: if u are gunna change the pedal box just take the whole bloody dash out its faster... it took me longer to do get the pedal box out (without takin out the dash) than it did to take out the engine and gearbox!

just need to get extractors and a 2.5 zorst.....anyone in perth got one they dont want ;)

Cam

·
Registered
427 Posts
the NA boxes are only $750. so they are nice and cheap to replace if you break one.
Turbo boxes were about $1600 last time i asked

·
EA 5 Speed YEAH BABY!
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
hmmmm help

everything is together but when i try and drive it the engine shuts down (not off) then goes again then shuts down!
im going insane....
the auto comp is out so its nothing to do with that....could it be the ecu? need reprogramming to the different engine or something?

·
Birth, Drift, Death...
3,039 Posts
you will have to give us more info man - what do you mean by "shuts down"?

does the engine stumble when you put in the clutch? or when you hit the accelerator? is the idle control motor connected? is it facing the right way (its the round cylinder looking thing on top of the throttle body) if its facing the wrong way i think the car will idle too high?

give us as much info as you can.

and one more silly thing - make sure there is plenty of new fuel in it!!! we had a prob with nudges car, would only idle, not rev at all, and it was because there wasnt enough fuel in the tank!!

·
EA 5 Speed YEAH BABY!
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
it revs fine when u not going anywhere if u hold it at around 2k it surges a bit anything over that and its a-ok as soon as it was under any load its like someone is taking there foot off the accelerator the car doesnt conk out but the revs drop to nothing then will pick back up there is also som ecrazy ass ticking like the imobiliser is going on and off under the dash and i have nfi why it would do that only when the car is moving.....everything is plugged in... i have checked and double check...then checked again.

any help would be appreciated :)
just ask if there is anything else u need to know about it...

cheers
Cam

·
EA 5 Speed YEAH BABY!
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
SHE LIVES!!!
it was an earth wire not attached :D
isnt it always?

im a very happy boy....its soooo much faster now....all i gotta do is learn to drive a manual again :D
thanks for all ur help

cheers
Cam

1 - 20 of 27 Posts