Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Resident geek freak
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone seen this yet?
Apparently theres a 4 way Falc-commy-magna-camry comparo.
Be interesting to see wot they say.

lets see
Falcon...brilliant but a bit thirsty.
Magna..good in places but ugly
Camry..hm...what? sorry i fell asleep
Commy. ..Please take it away!

·
Only a V8 Ute Will Do
203 Posts
Rang them today and the mag been delayed til the 25th of Feb for release.

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
They mentioned in the Feb edition that the comparo has a surprise winner?
Hmmm

·
Registered
38 Posts
There is no surprise winner - I got my subscription copy yesterday. I had a quick flick through. The surprises to them were that the Avalon did better than they expected against the Camry and that the Commodore Acclaim came so close to beating the Futura. However, the Futura did win. Their one main comment re the Futura was that they would definitely put the Sports Suspension on it. I've got that on my Fairmont V8, so I'm happy!

·
Registered
911 Posts
Slightly o/t but not by much....Had a little play with a Fairmont V8 a couple of weekends ago that had everything but full leather. Sunroof helped exhaust the 60deg heat out in a flash (41 deg outside temp at the time) while the sat nav. kept taking me round the block when I entered in my home address (while already parked outside... I was bored and needed an excuse to be busy outside). This is the relevant part...The sports suspension came with heavier steering then my own Futura and it felt even better again and I WANT CLIMATE CONTROL. Bring on high series RWD Territory.

·
Tickford and FPV Bloke
953 Posts
Curls was it fitted with the 17 inch rims? I find that the 17's contribute to them being a bit heavier to steer.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I would of expected the Ford to win as it won car of the year. I was surprised by the 0 - 100 times, I would of thought the Ford would of been faster than 8 sec. Its still a respectable time.

It would be interesting to compare the cars in terms of reliability. The BA 6cyl seems to of had its fair share of issues compared to the Holden 6cyl. I would expect the Holden to have less issue due to it been based on a VT and improved over time.

·
Birth, Drift, Death...
3,039 Posts
since the VT? its practically the same engine since the VS, save for some different cam bearings and a motherfukker large (6 litre!!!) sump to handle the 15,000km service intervals in the VYs.

oh, and it went from 147kw to 155kw in the VX :ghey:

·
403 Posts
Rollin said:
since the VT? its practically the same engine since the VS, save for some different cam bearings and a motherfukker large (6 litre!!!) sump to handle the 15,000km service intervals in the VYs.

we have a VXII wagoon (company Car) at the moment the VX has 152 up from 147.

as for the sump yes its 6 odd ltrs big and the big thing to worry about is oil sludge and breakdown.

you cannot find the extra 5kws me thinks holden bullshiting.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I've read the articles. And, as usual they haven't addressed reliability at all. Just read the threads in this Forum and you will see so many common problems with the BA. But they never seem to afflict the test cars (or they are not reported). I suggest the cars they test are specially supplied by the manufacturers and that a day or two of testing really doesn't give you the real story of owning these cars. Also, look at the BA in europe story. Even this specially supplied car leaked oil and started to develop a vibration in the tail shaft. Not good for a new car.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Rollin said:

...and it is fundamentally the same as the 1978/1979 carbied Buick V6s in the US.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts