Ford Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much better can this man get?

THE EUROPEAN MOTORSPORT MAGAZINE RELEASED IT'S TOP 10 WORLD TOURING CAR DRIVER RECENTLY. COMPETING AGAINST THE TOP DRIVERS FROM EVERY TOURING CAR COMPETITON IN THE WORLD , MARCOS FINISHED A FANTASTIC 6TH. THIS WAS UP FROM 10TH IN LAST YEARS RANKING.

THE TOP TEN WINNER WAS CHRISTIJAN ALBERS WHO FINISHED 2ND IN THE DTM.

THERE WERE 6 NEW ENTRIES IN THE LIST FOR 2003 , MAKING MARCOS' CLIMB UP THE LADDER EVEN MORE CREDITABLE. MARCOS' V8 SUPERCAR COUNTERPART , GREG MURPHY MADE THE TOP TEN IN 8TH PLACE.

AS FAR AS THE WORLD TOURING CAR CHAMPIONSHIPS WENT, THE V8 SUPERCAR FINISHED WITH 2 , DTM FINISHED WITH 3, EUROPEAN TOURING CAR FINISHED WITH 3 AND THE BRITISH TOURING CAN GAINED 1 TOP 10 SPOT.,

·
Just give me an excuse...
3,949 Posts
Fantastic effort there Marcos. You deserve it. Well done to Murphy as well. That lap and that weekend was astonishing for KMART

·
Registered
161 Posts
The European Championships end up with 8 drivers and Australia ended up with 2 drivers in the top 10. Pretty biased in my opinion but it is judged by a Euro motorsport magazine. Marcos is No.1 in my opinion.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
if anyone can make number one, next time these results are done it'll be marcos,good job ..
MARCOS 2005 best touring car driver!!!wait n see..

kmart's greg murphy would of made it there thanx to a brilliant one lap dash and win at bathurst it was the thing to talk about for ages afterwards..
got me applauding for his efforts.

·
Only a V8 Ute Will Do
203 Posts
A well deserved effort for Marcos. Good on ya, Champ!! Bring on 2004!!

·
Falcontastic.
6,039 Posts
Well that give's me something to splurge about tomorrow, to my mate who is a Holden man and all I heard today was about Skaife's honour in motorsport,(just wait till tomorrow my friend,hahahah.)

·
Registered
738 Posts
THE TOP TEN WINNER WAS CHRISTIJAN ALBERS WHO FINISHED 2ND IN THE DTM.
Perhaps if he finished second in the championship the winner of that championship may have been a better choice, unless Albers was driving an clearly inferior car

1 - 11 of 11 Posts