Ford Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
ST170ish
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
marcymotorsport

I like this page for some reason...
A 2.3 Duratec Balanced, Blueprinted, 8.5:1 compression, $1999US(short motor)
Or the 2.3 Duratec Balanced, Blueprinted, 11.5:1 compression $1999US
Thats about $2.6k aud. How much import/freight charges would this cost anyone know?
Wonder if you could exchange the stock 2.0 dura bottom end with 2.3 short?
Even if cost 4.6k all up, with the 8.5:1 add another $5-6k for some forced induction, preferably a supercharger than a turbo just to be different and keep the cost's down...darn make a good upgrade, get all the torque back that I miss from my old ute.
Then maybe I could get some number plates that say 170KW and give that ST170 badge some real street cred!
Now wheres my mate the bank manager.

·
Focus user
287 Posts
your motor could hold the boost of a supercharger without the 2.3 bottom end no probs. if you were to go turbo with higher boost then lowering the compression would be great. and i agree its always safer and better for the engine. but the vortech s/c kit offered by capa here in aus is made to fid straight onto the stock motor and will take it from 170hp to 276 and torque from 145 to 204 ft/lbs. although the extra torgue of the beefier motor would be great too.....

·
ST170ish
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Kymera4 said:
your motor could hold the boost of a supercharger without the 2.3 bottom end no probs. if you were to go turbo with higher boost then lowering the compression would be great. and i agree its always safer and better for the engine. but the vortech s/c kit offered by capa here in aus is made to fid straight onto the stock motor and will take it from 170hp to 276 and torque from 145 to 204 ft/lbs. although the extra torgue of the beefier motor would be great too.....
The 2.0 bottom would be strong enough for forced induction, but being a hicomp motor the fuel would be a problem(not available for the street).
The idea of a larger motor and S/C is for hi-torque not crazy hireved HP, I'd rather it be drivable everyday, 250-300Nm with 170-190kw would be good a fast sensible and reliable streeter IMO.

·
ST170ish
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just got a email back from Marcy's,
Paul,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

The ST170 Focus Duratec (iron block) is actually a Zetec based engine with VCT on the intake cam. Unfortunately it does not interchange with the US 2.0/2.3 Duratec (aluminum block) family.

Oh well cant win them all... I sent another email asking if a whole US motor/transaxle will fit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts