Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oh you gotta love gossip, especially when it comes from the horses mouth.

Mark Skaife was, when with HRT and still is 50/50 owner of Gibson Motor Sport. Craig left HRT because he was having a ****fight with HRT management, because and I quote "Craig you are taking the limelight away from Mark". Talks were put in motion and Craig was offered a driving position on the GMS team. Problem solved, Mark keeps the limelight on HRT and stay's Holdens golden haired boy. (arse licker). Craig makes name for himself, although Skaifey is his boss.

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Sounds about par for that mob. Interesting though that I was on the understanding that Craig was contracted to Ford before the deal with Fred was done. Craig came first then Noel Watson talked Fred into talking to Geoff. :confused: :confused:

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sound's about right though, no matter which way it ended. Poor Craig having Mark for a boss. Wonder if Craig would confirm it.

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Is Skaife still involved with Freds Team? Fred sold the team to Gary Dumbrell and then bought it back this year. Was Skaife an owner in Garys team as well or did Fred sell only his part of the team?

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
From what I was told tonight, Mark was 50/50 owner when he was with HRT, then he left for some reason, and then came back to HRT. Apparantly he still holds a shareholding in GMS rumoured to be 50/50. Dont know much more than that.

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Ah I see. Feel sorry for Craig then because I think everyone knows Mark is part of the reason for the split. It is just a question of how big a part!

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think you got it in one. Imagine Skaife not being number one for HRT. **** imagine what would happen if Lowndes wins the series, Skaife will have kittens. That would also explain why he whinges so much now.

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Does anyone out there believe that Craig wasn't the better driver when the two shared the Team cars last year. Two equal drivers at HRT was never going to work. Does anyone believe that the new car is so difficult to work with that Jason seems to be struggling so much.

·
In a blue Galaxy
5,716 Posts
Does anyone believe that the new car is so difficult to work with that Jason seems to be struggling so much.
i think Bright is not far off the 8 ball beeing second In the championship Below gonzo...

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
THE DOCTOR said:
Apparantly he still holds a shareholding in GMS rumoured to be 50/50.
I don't think it's as big as 50% but he does have a slice of the GMS action. I'd say somewhere between 10-25% It's only a guess though.. :confused: :confused:

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
HSE2 said:
Does anyone believe that the new car is so difficult to work with that Jason seems to be struggling so much.
I think the new HRT car being hard to work with is manure. If the new HRT cars are so hard to work with why did Lowndsey put a brand spanker on pole and win all three races last year! I reckon it's just Brighty getting used to a tin top again... :D

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
or has Brighty's car been knobbled so Skaifey stay's no 1. Skaife could'nt handle being beaten by Bright in any way shape or form. Craig has already proven that before.

I think Craig handled any car Holden gave him, which was why he kept winning, and Skaifey got so pissed off at. Must be from driving hard Ford's as a kid I suppose.

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
THE DOCTOR said:
or has Brighty's car been knobbled so Skaifey stay's no 1. Skaife could'nt handle being beaten by Bright in any way shape or form. Craig has already proven that before.

That is the point I was making. Bright performance at the start of the series in the old car had me thinking he might push Mark this season, then bang all of a sudden the new car is causing the HRT crew set up dramas. Has HRT ever be unable to get the car sorted for qualifying? I know he is still second but he has dropped off Marks pace over the last few rounds, and at the start of the season I didn't think that would happen

·
Interloper from LS1.com
768 Posts
You have got to remember that Skaife is planning his post racing career as well. He has got his eyes on a job somewhere, maybe even Crennan's and didn't like losing the limelight to someone.

If you watch him on V8 superstars he is always first in with the comments to get the TV time. The others usually have more constructive things to say.

Having said that he's the #1 driver for HRT and as an HRT supporter I cheer for him on the track.

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Brendan said:
You have got to remember that Skaife is planning his post racing career as well. He has got his eyes on a job somewhere, maybe even Crennan's and didn't like losing the limelight to someone.

If you watch him on V8 superstars he is always first in with the comments to get the TV time. The others usually have more constructive things to say.

Having said that he's the #1 driver for HRT and as an HRT supporter I cheer for him on the track.
I guess there would be something wrong if you didn't cheer for him on the Track. I know I say things and wave hand signals every time his car comes onto my TV:D

Not even Holden have hidden the fact that Mark is in line for Johns job at the top of HSV. I am puzzled why Craig was not used more in the HSV role before Mark came onto the scene?

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
THE DOCTOR said:
Oh you gotta love gossip, especially when it comes from the horses mouth.

Mark Skaife was, when with HRT and still is 50/50 owner of Gibson Motor Sport. Craig left HRT because he was having a ****fight with HRT management, because and I quote "Craig you are taking the limelight away from Mark". Talks were put in motion and Craig was offered a driving position on the GMS team. Problem solved, Mark keeps the limelight on HRT and stay's Holdens golden haired boy. (arse licker). Craig makes name for himself, although Skaifey is his boss.

Just goes to show what a true wanker skaife really is........;)

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Brendan said:

baaaaaaa - Q ) what would Holden be without HRT?
(Hormone Replacement Therapy)

A ) a bunch of dickless blokes with tits........... Hey. aint that SkaifeeY????!!!

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
THE DOCTOR said:

I think Craig handled any car Holden gave him, which was why he kept winning, and Skaifey got so pissed off at. Must be from driving hard Ford's as a kid I suppose.
I think Craig has hinted strongly in a diplomatic way that this is what happened to him at HRT.:( Bright's form has dropped off since he started driving the new car. He's still second in the SCS so he's not going too bad I suppose.:fmad::(

·
Rail Rider
1,248 Posts
I think That Skaife will get most of the attention because he is Peter Brocks replacement, HRT want another Brock like figure ahead of the pack. Also of cause HRT can't handle a ex Ford driver taking the championship.

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
Falchoon said:
Bright's form has dropped off since he started driving the new car. He's still second in the SCS so he's not going too bad I suppose.:fmad::(
He's only second 'cause he's done well in the double points races.. :fmad: They need to change the points structure for next season for sure..

1 - 20 of 24 Posts