Ford Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't wait to see young Mark Winterbottom on and aroung the track in 2004. I personally think the this is the start of a great carer. What do you think?? All my luck goes out to him, his old team (SBR) and all the Ford drivers in 2004.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Same here i cant wait to see him race with LMS. Last year he was in a winning position at Bathurst and that with the V8 Supercars.

I think with Larkhams engineering skills and Bargs experience, Winterbottom will become a regular face in the top 10 and maybe even the top 3 (hopefully)

·
Registered
103 Posts
I'm not excepting much at all!!! How well have the other konica champ's gone in the main serious??? And the other champs did not have a team like SBR & the team that won the main serious in that year prepair his car!!!! Don't get me wrong, I wish him well & good luck to him.. But I can't see him setting he world on fire this year!!!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Joe5619 said:
I'm not excepting much at all!!! How well have the other konica champ's gone in the main serious??? And the other champs did not have a team like SBR & the team that won the main serious in that year prepair his car!!!! Don't get me wrong, I wish him well & good luck to him.. But I can't see him setting he world on fire this year!!!
It is a big ask to expect top ten and podium finishes in his first year in the main game. Many Konica and FF champs have found it tough in better teams than LMS (with all due respect to LMS they haven't actually been at pointy end for some time).

All the same it is a great opportunity and I wish him all the best - another great driver on the good side. Barg's will be a good one to have on his side when it gets tough.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I wish Mark Winterbottom well but as history shows it is a big step from the Konica series to the main game. Hope he and Bargs can lift the team up as we need more Fords in the top half of the field.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Difference been I think Winterbottom has been the best champ thus far. He was in the top 4 in 2 practice sessions at the Sandown 500, the qualifying time he did at the Winton Konica round was good enough for 10th in the MAIN series. Paul Dumbrell went to CPR and that team has always been up and down in results, Wills went to Briggs and he was not the only one in that team down the round end of the grid. Canto also went to briggs and in my opinion put on some very solid results for that team.

With an SBR engine I think Bargs and Winterbottom have a shot at been top 10ers.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Look at it this way:

Larkhams cars barely have any mechanical problems or electrical problems with their cars - their only problem is that they arent up to speed. Yet LMS made the AU faster by 0.3 sec, thats a big improvement it terms or qualifying.

whats slowed the team down is two things, the fact that they had one AU and one BA in the team and the fact that Larkham is an owner/driver. If you remember Larkham's stint with SBR, he was a good consisent racer, but when he went at it alone he struggled and but becoming a new two car team with two different models is what killed them last season.

now that Larkham can concerntrate soley on the cars and the runny of the team and Bargs and Winterbottom can focus on the racing aspect, this team should progress in leaps and bounds.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mickcals said:
now that Larkham can concerntrate soley on the cars and the runny of the team and Bargs and Winterbottom can focus on the racing aspect, this team should progress in leaps and bounds.
Put it perfectly mate.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I said the same with Seton and FPR, but what screwed FPR was the fact that they had a three car team, and due to AVESCO's ruling any team can only test two cars at a time.

·
Registered
22 Posts
With an SBR engine I think Bargs and Winterbottom have a shot at been top 10ers.[/QUOTE]

Since when was it announced that LMS were getting SBR engines?
Why dont FPV pick some up as well then?

·
Registered
22 Posts
JamesM said:
With an SBR engine I think Bargs and Winterbottom have a shot at been top 10ers.

Since when was it announced the LMS were getting SBR engines?
And if so, why dont FPV pick some up as well?

·
spaced out
648 Posts
manwell said:
Since when was it announced the LMS were getting SBR engines?
And if so, why dont FPV pick some up as well?

It was announved when they said winterbottom was going to them

Fpv are bringing out there own engine

·
Registered
261 Posts
LMS seemed to always have a fairly good chassis but down on horsepower. Having an SBR engine should fix that so I hoping for big things from this team in 2004.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts