Ford Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
xc ute
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im lookin to build a marquis ute.

Ive all the front panels off a 76 marquis and am plannin to put them onto a xa xb or an xc ute. I'm looking to buy the ute now but need to know the followin

*Do the utes and sedans have the same bolt patterns for the panels?

*Do i have to use the same year ute as marquis cause these utes are hard to come by in WA.

*Do the xa xb and xc's have the same pattern too?

If any1's done it before some pointers would be great.

Thanks Chartoo

·
Registered
675 Posts
Contact 'Forparts' in Landsdale, they used to have an XC ute with ZH front end. I assume they did the conversion

You could do it on any XA/XB/XC ute, but an XC might be easier/better
Be aware there is a series 2 'updated' XC and ZH model

Good luck, sounds like a good project

·
The Supreme Machine!
461 Posts
I have seen a zh front on a xb coupe and it looked very awkward. I don't know if it would look good on a ute though.

IMO the zf/zg fairlane front would look better on a xa/xb body than zh.

·
Registered
617 Posts
The panels will interchange onto any of the models though you might have to weld some of the brackets on the radiator support panel behind the headlights to suit.
Also the ZH guards have a different opening/flare to the rear of the ute and IMO look a little strange unless you were to weld a matching flare to the rear of the ute..
If you wanted to do a full ZH conversion including dash you would be best off with an XC since the dash panel along the windscreen is different to the XA/B.
If you got an XA or B the ZG front might match better..

·
Can't wait for Winton...
2,759 Posts
I saw a ZF/G front ute yesterday, don’t know if its XA, B or C though! It’s for sale (has been for a while). Gunmetal grey, mags, looks nice. Fairlane front suits it well. ZH front looks very bulky in comparison.

PS, I don’t know anything about it but PM me if you want to know where to find it, I could probably get a phone number on the weekend if it’s still there.

·
Registered
206 Posts
yeah, you guys are right, a zh would look pretty bad on an xa-c ute. like gregaust said, the ute doesn't have a flare at all and the zh does. definitly go the zf-g front.
but if that is what your heart is set on....
you can bolt the panels straight on to any of the three models, but the headlight frames are different on xc's/zh's to those that are on xa-b's. but its real easy to swap them. no welding involved.

·
The Supreme Machine!
461 Posts
I will post this picture of my dads XA Coupe with a ZG front, He used an original zg radiator support panel, as the original one was a 6cyl and the front bolted straight on. He also used XA guards as there the same as zg.

·
The Supreme Machine!
461 Posts
My mum actually prefers the XB GT honeycomb grill to XA GT but i disagree. Don't get me wrong XB front still looks very mean! That's just my opinion

·
kickerinthegutsbarry
568 Posts
I acctually really like the tailights on xa coupe's more than on xb-c's,but thats it :p .
(Hyjack over)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts