Ford Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to replace both (think they're both way beyond rebuilding, but have attached pics for feedback) in my 1969 Convertible 351cid drum/drum configuration. The existing master cylinder's ports are all engine-side. I've found replacement parts that match in every way with the exception of the ports... When it comes down to it, does this have any real effect or does it just require a little reconfiguration of the plumbing?

TIA, thanks!!!
Mark

·
Super Moderator
19,293 Posts
I think you should be fine by just reshaping the pipes . I've come across this before on some hard to get parts and , in my case , the parts were for an export model which was left hand drive as opposed to our right hand drive over here .

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've spent the better part of the day down this rabbithole, and so far I've found that both Cardone and Dorman make/made MCs with engine-side ports, but nobody seems to have one. So far, nobody can give me a good reason why it matters which side of the MC the ports are on...

Also the brake booster I need seems to be hard to track down... Would I make this process a lot easier (but more expensive) on myself if I caved and did a front brake conversion?

I found a wrecking company (on the other side of the country, of course) that said they have an OEM in stock, email sent.

Forgive me for the rambling - part of joining the forum for me was giving myself a way to document this process.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Now I'm questioning myself and it's raining too hard to pull it out of the garage and pull the wheels off... Honestly, the only thing I've got in my corner right now is this search engine that shows it may have been a factory/dealership option to have the power booster added. (this is how I found the part at the wrecking company)

·
Administrator
8,181 Posts
You can tell if its disk or drum by looking underneath the front at the inside of the wheel.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts