Ford Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When replacing the master cylinder on my '07 Merc GM, is there anything I need to know other than to bench bleed the master cylinder and bleed and flush all the wheel cylinders? I'm doing this because I get the brake problem light on the dash whenever I do a fairly hard stop (not enough for wheel slippage). The light will never come on after I'm stopped, no matter how hard I push the brake. BTW, this car has anti-lock brakes. Any other ideas for me to me to look into?

·
Super Moderator
19,456 Posts
Had a few different cars with similar fault and was caused by brake fluid reservoir level down and fluid moving under braking triggering light . Might / might not apply on your vehicle . But worth checking before you get too involved .

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Had a few different cars with similar fault and was caused by brake fluid reservoir level down and fluid moving under braking triggering light . Might / might not apply on your vehicle . But worth checking before you get too involved .
I hadn't thought about that. It appeared to have plenty but I changed the master cylinder before I saw your post. I haven't checked it out because the roads are bad and the weather is rally crappy here. Thanks for the reply.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts