Ford Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Damage Fixxer
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just thinking, would it be possible to mate a 4spd top loader to an injected 5.0l from an EB? Are the bell housing bolt patterns the same as for the carburetted 302's?
How much work would be involved? My mate is doing up an XT panelvan and has scored a 5 litre to drop into it, but he doesnt want to use the auto tranny, and the 5 speeds have their gearstick set way too far back to fit the XT.

Cheers guys,

Jas.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Easy to mod the gearbox to suit the car. Is the 5 speed off the EB V8?

·
methanol injected clevo
1,185 Posts
hey i was about to post a very similar question...

i have a ED Sprint and i plan to fit a supercharger and dont want to chew up the sprint's gearbox.

i've got a toploader laying about so i'd like to fit that (i realise i'll be losing 5th gear but with 1:1 from the 4th gear from the toploader and 3.45 gears (3.27s available if thats a bit to high) it should be drivable. In terms of shift quality i have a Hurst indy shifter.

shaneo

·
Damage Fixxer
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
he doesnt have a 5 speed to go in it, and i figured a top loader would be way easier

·
Damage Fixxer
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
one other question, are windsor and cleveland bell housings the same, and will an older cleveland bellhousing fit between the injected windsor and the top loader?

·
No longer around
4,882 Posts
i'd almost say for sure that a clevo and windsor bellhousing wouldnt be the same. totally different block

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
MADNC_8 said:
i'd almost say for sure that a clevo and windsor bellhousing wouldnt be the same. totally different block
cleavo and windsor bellhousings are the same, both 6 bolt. i had a single rail behind my old 289, bellhousing and box came outta an xc 351 car...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts