Ford Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
100MPH Hunter
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody done or heard of any performance options for the SP's???
I went on my first big trip in her on the weekend and got 670k's to the tank running Optimax. I just want a bit more power now. I already know the K&N filter number, just wondering on exhaust and chips?

Also any other body enhancements, I have the chrome mirrors and I saw on another black SP sedan in Brisbane, chrome surrounds for the side indicators, are these genuine Mazda?

Any info would be great

Cheers All

Corey

·
Registered
675 Posts
Not sure on the exhaust and chip, try mazda3forums.com, plenty of guys modifying their 3's on there

The chrome surrounds on the side indicators are genuine Mazda, saw them on the Mazda Aus. site not long ago in the accessories section somewhere

·
Registered
328 Posts
Girlfriend just bought a Mazda 3 and had a Remus twin system (cat back only) fitted by the dealer. Has given the car a pretty decent exhaust note for a little tacker without any drone at freeway speeds.

The Exhaust was fitted by Motorline here in Melbourne. Bumper was removed and lasercut to fit the exhaust, the job looks very professional, you may be able to find someone up there in Brisbane that can do the same job.

If you PM me an email address I'll take some picks in the next day or two and email them your way.

·
Registered
163 Posts
look my opinion is wierd i have a slow ass car ford focus zetec

prob a touch slower than ur sp20 rice box

but how do u drive?

i just hammered the crap out of my car and dun need it to be faster

what im sayin is "if u drive slow in the first place" like many poeple why do mods? if u track race a car and use it for road as well all good

ive seen so many heavily worked cars that drive so slow pointless?

·
100MPH Hunter
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have an XR8 as well as the SP23, so it feels a little slow compared to it.

PM sent ROCHO

·
Nobody Likes To Walk
119 Posts
If you can some how get cosworth parts over here then you would be able to get some decent performance. Thats what im hoping to do. Look at www.cosworth.com under sales then under d-power. They have some very nice kits which can be used on mazda 2.3 engine as well. Otherwise there are quite a few places in the US that make hearders, exhausts, cams, heads and even turbo kits....but i think i would be quite expensive getting them from USA or UK.

You could also try to get autobarn or someone like that to order in a AEM or Injen filter, which from the mazda forums give around 10hp or so. With a manual 2.3 litre they are getting high to mid 15sec and with filter and exhaust low 15sec 1/4 mile time.

Lets hope that someone in australia gets something together for us :)

·
Nobody Likes To Walk
119 Posts
Also some of the larger Japanese parts makers like HKS, Greddy are starting to put stuff out which Autobarn should also be able to get in on order.

Hope this helps

·
cazza
1 Posts
I only purchased my SP23 last week, and the latest Sales Brochures on the 3's list quite a few genuine extras that can be aadded, including coloured steering wheel, dash and door replacement parts, chrome, front, rear & side skirts, wheels, etc.

happy driving

·
100MPH Hunter
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah I have seen some of the options, but they are extremly costly!!! Did you get any options?

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Well it is the same engine as the Mazda 6 but with lower compression (for regular unleaded) and a single exhaust compared with the 6s dual. You could try to source some MAzda 6 bits, eg: head, engine (manifold) pipes or whatever they use. Did you know the 6 also comes in a 4x4 turbo? The money it would cost to make it go faster would have been better spent on a car with more performance in the first palce and a warranty to go with it.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
cazza said:
I only purchased my SP23 last week, and the latest Sales Brochures on the 3's list quite a few genuine extras that can be aadded, including coloured steering wheel, dash and door replacement parts, chrome, front, rear & side skirts, wheels, etc.

happy driving
I think he wants go faster bits. Rather then dress up items.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
7 Participants
xcgxl
Ford Forums
Ford Forum is a community to discuss all things Ford. Check out our discussions on the Ford Escape, Mustang, Edge, F-150, Raptor, Explorer, Focus, Fusion, Fiesta and more!
Full Forum Listing