Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Hawthorn Supporter
1,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jaguar announced today (friday) that McLaren car designer Adrian Newey will join them in August 2002.
Adrian Newey has designed the 1996, 97, 98, 99 championship winning cars for Williams and McLaren.
I suppose Mercedes engines were'nt enough for him and wanted Ford Power :D
Hopefully Adrian Newey can design cars that will win championships for Jaguar and especially for Ford. :D

·
Bring Back the 24hr!!!
5,809 Posts
Has this been made official? Last I heard (this morning) he had not been signed yet.

If this is true, Jag will benefit greatly from Neweys Input, now all they need is a reliable (and powerful) engine. :p

FORZA FERRARI!!!!!

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
HSE2 said:
Be great to see Jag back at the top in F1
Be great to see Jag at the top in anything. Maybe Bobby Rahal is starting to make some headway afterall..

DONUT KING said:
FORZA FERRARI!!!!!
Glory Hunter... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :p:thumbup:

·
Bring Back the 24hr!!!
5,809 Posts
Ford Man said:

Be great to see Jag at the top in anything. Maybe Bobby Rahal is starting to make some headway afterall..

Glory Hunter... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :p:thumbup:
Na Na Na Bullsheit to that alright. :flame:

·
Hawthorn Supporter
1,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
On Formula1.com it now says that McLaren are denying that Newey will be leaving them and said that he would stay with the team after his contract finishes in August next year.

I don't understand this. Why would Jaguar announce Newey joining the team and then later have McLaren deny that he has signed?

·
Bring Back the 24hr!!!
5,809 Posts
gms00 said:
On Formula1.com it now says that McLaren are denying that Newey will be leaving them and said that he would stay with the team after his contract finishes in August next year.

I don't understand this. Why would Jaguar announce Newey joining the team and then later have McLaren deny that he has signed?
It's all to do with the polotics of the F1 grid :rolleyes:

·
Bring Back the 24hr!!!
5,809 Posts
Ford Man said:
What a load of crap!.. Just as I suspected.. more useless publicity.. :thumbdown :fmad:
Maybe they should try a controversial driver position change manouver @ the end to get the attention of the press.

Oh, wait, that only works if you are up the front :wink2: :p

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
DONUT KING said:
wait, that only works if you are up the front :wink2: :p
Oh great... another comedian on the boards... :rolleyes:

·
Future XR Owner
2,245 Posts
Jaguar are trying to secure a contract with Newey. Mclaren won't let him slip though, if they do, their history.

I hope it happens.

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Ford Man said:

I will have you know Jag are back in most areas. The cars are selling well and the quality has gone through the roof.
There are fantastic car to drive. The XJR is sensational.

Positive proof of Fords understanding the importance of Brand image. Lifting the product to never seen before levels at the same time protecting the heritage.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
About this Discussion
24 Replies
6 Participants
Donut King
Ford Forums
Ford Forum is a community to discuss all things Ford. Check out our discussions on the Ford Escape, Mustang, Edge, F-150, Raptor, Explorer, Focus, Fusion, Fiesta and more!
Full Forum Listing