Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Shhh, we're hunting Lions
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I would tell everyone that didn't know that Colin McRae in his Focus won his second rally in a row. Carlos Sainz came in third and is now only 1 point behind Tommi Makinen, Colin is 7 points behind.

Ford has also taken over the lead in the Manufacturers Championship from Mitsubishi. :thumbup:

·
Bring Back the 24hr!!!
5,809 Posts
Adam W said:
Just thought I would tell everyone that didn't know that Colin McRae in his Focus won his second rally in a row. Carlos Sainz came in third and is now only 1 point behind Tommi Makinen, Colin is 7 points behind.

Ford has also taken over the lead in the Manufacturers Championship from Mitsubishi. :thumbup:
Heh, COOL!!! Well done guys :thumbup:
Lets hope the charge lasts the rest of the season, we may see one of our drivers become world champion :wink2:

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
great news That is a real team effort, and if rally drivers aren't the best drivers in the world I'll go heave

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
I know Mr Wilson was very confident going into this rally so it is a great reasult.
One of the european mags ran a test between a WWC driver and an F1 driver. Each had to drive the others car and they were timed on their laps around the respective course. Any guess on who came out on top??

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
I'll put my money on the WRC driver anyday.

Good to see Ford finally getting the gear together for some top results after such a bad start to the year. Well done lads.. :D :thumbup:

·
Bring Back the 24hr!!!
5,809 Posts
HSE2 said:
I know Mr Wilson was very confident going into this rally so it is a great reasult.
One of the european mags ran a test between a WWC driver and an F1 driver. Each had to drive the others car and they were timed on their laps around the respective course. Any guess on who came out on top??
Was the F1 driver Michael Schumacher?

·
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
A couple of years back there was a situation where Jacques Villeneuve, Tommi Makinen and Mighty Mick Doohan were going to try each others machinery, but because Williams didn't want Jacques to get hurt by falling off the 500 it didn't go ahead.

Mick Doohan still got to drive the Williams and as I recall he lasted about 3 corners before spinning and backing it into the wall, how do you reckon Mick would have been feeling once the Williams crew got to the broken car, not to good I suspect.:cussing:

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
The rally driver was Colin and the F1 driver I am not sure about. Colin had trouble with getting his eyes to focus because tof the vibration but they made a change to the car and his time were repectable. However the F1 driver had no idea at all.
His driving prompted Colin to say " His driving had me scared and I don't like to be scared"

·
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Colin Is the best driver in WRC just like Schu1 is in F1. I have to admit though I think schu2 is getting up to schu1's standard, it would be good to see how Ralf would go in the Ferrari against Michael. I hope that makes sense.:CraZ:

·
Bring Back the 24hr!!!
5,809 Posts
Adam W said:
Colin Is the best driver in WRC just like Schu1 is in F1. I have to admit though I think schu2 is getting up to schu1's standard, it would be good to see how Ralf would go in the Ferrari against Michael. I hope that makes sense.:CraZ:
Ralph will end up faster than Michael, without a doubt. The thing is will he be in a team to exploit his speed like Michael is at ferrari and was at benneton, I'd sure like to hope so.

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
I can't go rubbishing his computer stuff 'cause I reckon he talks gibberish. Sure as heck doesn't look like english to me... hehe.. :wink2:

·
Bring Back the 24hr!!!
5,809 Posts
Ford Man said:
I can't go rubbishing his computer stuff 'cause I reckon he talks gibberish. Sure as heck doesn't look like english to me... hehe.. :wink2:
My "gibberish" not english? Thats umpossible :rolleyes:

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
DONUT KING said:
My "gibberish" not english? Thats umpossible :rolleyes:
You're last name wouldn't happen to be wiggum would it??

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
About this Discussion
35 Replies
9 Participants
Martin
Ford Forums
Ford Forum is a community to discuss all things Ford. Check out our discussions on the Ford Escape, Mustang, Edge, F-150, Raptor, Explorer, Focus, Fusion, Fiesta and more!
Full Forum Listing