Ford Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
"oh, you were racing?"
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was coming home from work last night, and when I got into some traffic, I noticed a black Civic hatch in front of me. It was a newer body style. Visible mods were an HKS exhaust(so said the sticker right above the muffler) :p It was also slammed, with black rims(common site around here) My bro is also behind me in his del sol. So we get out to more open highway, and he moves over to the right lane. And I pass not intending to race, more in a hurry to get home. Well after I went by him, I gave it a little extra gas in 5th, just so he could hear the exhaust. He must've been waiting for it, cause he instantly nailed it. When he dropped the hammer he was at my rear bumper, and he since he jumped on it it first, he caught up a little by the time I dropped to 3rd and took off myself. We started out at about 55mph. He got to my door, where I could just see the glimmer of a headlight next to my door. We carried it up to over 100mph, I think I shut it down about 110mph. We didn't go anywhere. On my shift to 5th, he inched a bit, and then I inched it back right before I shut down. So I let off, and goes by not realizing I was shutting it down. So he lets off too. This is where I turn off the highway to go home. I see him tap his brake lights as I turn off. Very close race. HAs me wondering if he had a B16 swap in it, cause I now he wouldn't have kept up otherwise. My bro doesn't have the swap, and he has lots of bolt-ons ad i still kick his ass by 4 cars or so from a stop to 4th gear. My bro(who was behind us), never saw the race. He didn't even know we raced until I got home and asked him if he saw it. I guess he didn't wonder why the two cars in front of him left so quick, hehe. Anyways, close race, but I managed to stay ahead. Two bad now I'm kicking myself for not putting my test pipe back on, and I was kickin myself even more when I looked down after the race and saw I had the defrosters on(engaging A/C compressor)

·
Registered
14 Posts
nice kill! he must've had the b16 becuase i thought PGT'S could kill stock civics. and you really want to kick yourself when u find out ur a/c is on!! anyway keep on eating civics.!.

·
"oh, you were racing?"
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Found out what I really raced....

I was talking to a kid last night, that happens to know of this Civic that I raced. He said it has exhaust, and a 75 shot. But it IS a SOHC. But that NOS makes up for it. So I can definatetly see why it was so close if he was running NOS like that. I should've kept going, he would've had to stop spraying sooner or later right, hehe. :s6:

·
Probe Owner
475 Posts
hmmm.. sounds like he had somthing under there.. u could have told if he had a turbo.. so motor swap would be a good assumption.. :s6:

G

·
talkin' bout lighweights...

heheh, a couple of fully gutted civic hatchbacks killed me at the track last saturday. these guys had gsr doch vtec swaps with only i/h/e/no muffler/slicks they where running mid 13s all day at 101 mph heheh. i talked to one of them and he said he usually runs high 12's but traction was terrible. i asked him what was his secret he says "2,000 lbs with me in it" :)

i have new found respect for "track hondas"

·
Probe GT Member
135 Posts
sounds like a match, n20 civic vs n/a pgt, lmao

just think if u had a small shot of n20, or even headers and testpipe,

top end pull!!

if u race them hondas always try to get them from a stop,

other wise that freaking vtec keeps the top end rolling! but not in no sohc,

nice kill arron,

and let me know when u wan thtem blocks, if your waiting to see the other pgt ill have it out jan 5th

1 - 10 of 10 Posts