Ford Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Vintage Mustang GT Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 66 Mustang GT Fastback K Code and live in San Jose, California USA. I am looking for a person /mechanic who can not only work on the car but also is knowledgeable about Mustangs per se. If any one knows of a reliable and HONEST poerson they can recommend who lives in or near San Jose, California I would greatly appreciate their help. You are welcome to contact me at [email protected]. Thanks so much.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,552 Posts
i will cross post this in a few other threads and see if we can get a few more resonses for you. I would like to say that car you have there is very nice. You wouldnt happen to have any more pics of that one?

·
Mod/Vintage Mustang Member
239 Posts
How near does the mechaninc have to be? :D Is North Carolina close enough? I'd be glad to take care of that car for you.:wink2:

·
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
THanks But No Thanks S-code

No. Carolina is just a little bit too far :eek: but I appreciate the offer anyway. :wink2:

·
Vintage Mustang Member
97 Posts
Oh man that car is nice, hows New York sound to you? Just kidding, but
good luck finding someone.

·
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mechanic FOUND

My search has uncovered a great Mustang mechanic located in Santa Clara, CA. (64s - 71 models only). Mustang Fever is a small owner operated shop that works only on older model Mustangs. After asking around, I have received numerous recommendations concerning this shop. Thus, my hunt is over.
Thank you to everyone who provided feedback on this issue. :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
If youre willing to drive to Oakland, try Mostly Mustangs. Right near 980, after it splits from 880. Also, I can give you the name of my mechanic in Albany. As a favor to me, he can help you out!

·
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Tires: per Bobnoxious' suggestion

:cool: Thanks for the suggestion Bobnoxious.
I went to the site you posted in your message and could not see the tires you were referring to; I saw the Cougar but could not make out the tires w/ the double red stripes.
Who made/makes the tires; do you know? You mentioned they were used on some GTs; were these older model Mustang GTs?
If you have any info on these tires I would like to check it out. Thanks once again.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts