Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
No longer around
4,882 Posts
Melb Drive-in movie night..... DEC 27, 03

Gday guys.... Its been brought to my attention that some of you guys want another meet before 03 is over with.

I recall at our last drivein night, that we were going to do another one late in the year when the weather is a little better.
Well that time is here.

I realise that it may not be enough notice for everyone, but i hope that a few of the regulars and a few newbies also would be able to make it along.

I propose we meet up at albert park again like last time, then cruise through the city to Coburg Drive-in. I dont think the after cruise is overly necessary this time, as i'm sure the cops will be well in force with the whole christmas period thing.

We'll comunicate by the CB's also, so *cough* John and myself *cough* don't get lost again :p

Let me know what you think of this cruise/meet idea.

·
feed me hey
4,692 Posts
Perhaps a meet closer to the drive in would be better this time? It really wasn't good cruising in bumper - bumper.

·
No longer around
4,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ah yep. perhaps the maccas on bell street would be a better meet point

from memory there were 3 maccas's on bell st, so we'll have to make sure to meet up at the correct one

·
PAST EA TYCOON
292 Posts
All signs point to ok for this one.... not working yet!!, be the first one for a while. Suggest meeting point at back of pentrige prison entrance, i think its called champ st. just off sydney road, near newlands road. There is a car park and its fairly easy to find.

·
400 kg ego
6,188 Posts
I'd be up for the meet at least. :thup:

·
Registered
155 Posts
Sounds Pretty good. Anywhere just off Bell St would be great. Newlands road is narrow and wouldn't do and the crowd from sitting in a Maccas wouldn't be our style... not enough neons!

Next to pentridge would be awesome to start but not too many people will see the cruise on the streets from Pentridge to C'burg drive in.

Also, what are we going to see?

·
1.3 Kilometers per Litre
130 Posts
Not to be a smartarse, but the drive in is only 2 clicks away from my joint. The poor old Fairlane won't even get warm!! I'd be happy to cruise down to the northbound Maccas on the ring road, meet up with the Geelong mob, then cruise up the ring road, on to the Calder, on to Bell St blah blah blah.

(I miss driving :BW: )

·
feed me hey
4,692 Posts
Guys they also have a deal going, $25 per car regardless of the number of people in it so even with 2 people in a car its cheaper than the normal price.

·
E-Series Cameraman
1,388 Posts
27th isn't too good, I'll be away on holiday over that weekend, and I think many people will be too :( And I just fixed a lack of spark in the ol' crate that left me stranded the other day, so I wanna come and show the crap off!

Alex

·
No longer around
4,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hey guys. i think meeting at the prison will give similar problems to meeting at albert park. the traffic will be pretty heavy on sydney road as we found out last time, and we will end up being split up and therefore parked all over the parking space at the drivein, rather than all parked together.

las time we met at the first maccas on bell street as you come off the tulla, i forget the exact mel ref of this maccas. there were no problems with the "neon brigade" last time either

will update tomorrow after i find out which movies are playing, but it appears in the current advert like this

Gates and Diner open 8-00pm, shows commence from 9.00pm
Field 1:- Scary Movie 3 & The Pirates of the Caribbean
Field 2:- Peter Pan & The School of Rock
Field 3:- Master and Commander & The league of Extraordinary Gentlemen(last days)

Vandy

We'll make a quick stop at maccas western ring, if anyone else wants to meet up here we might make it as a meetup point, arive there earlyish, cruise to bell st together

·
300+rwkw DC LTD Member
1,622 Posts
Vandy said:
Not to be a smartarse, but the drive in is only 2 clicks away from my joint. The poor old Fairlane won't even get warm!! I'd be happy to cruise down to the northbound Maccas on the ring road, meet up with the Geelong mob, then cruise up the ring road, on to the Calder, on to Bell St blah blah blah.

(I miss driving :BW: )
Sweet it's agreed, we all meet at Vany's place....... ;)

Sorry guy I doubt I'll make it (surprise surprise) still putting the car together. Maybe the next one!! :D

·
1.3 Kilometers per Litre
130 Posts
The other problem with meeting at the prison:

It's about 1.5k to the drive-in!!! :AAHHH:

You may as well meet out the front of the drive-in.

As for meeting at my place, you'd have to park behind the Fairlane and the LTD so I don't think there'd be quite enough room, particularly for any more LWB :teach:

·
No longer around
4,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
hmmm

havent been on net for a couple of days, but i expected a little more response than this.........

appears this ones gonna be pretty small hey

oh well.

·
"Steve has a car?"
2,207 Posts
I really wanna go as do many others I assume, but it's just a little tough being the week between christmas and new years. Anything after that I'm definately in for, provided that the work involved for my new mod doesn't overlap with a meet. (which is a big possibility....)

·
No longer around
4,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Rmyers said:
I really wanna go as do many others I assume, but it's just a little tough being the week between christmas and new years.
quite a few have asked for a meet/cruise before the end of 03, because they thought that it was necessary.

so that is what ive done, organised a meet before the end of 03 to fulfill that void.

i myself dont care if it is this coming weekend. when do you guys want it?? throw some dates at me.....

·
E-Series Acting VP
1,432 Posts
galapogos01 said:
im keen for this one.. but can we make it dandy? ill come regardless i think, but having it closer'd be nicer.. :D

worth askin eh?

J
Yer, dandenong would be good. It's nice and close, and the way things are going at the moment i might have to walk there - so the closer the better!

Cheers,
Dave

1 - 20 of 31 Posts