Ford Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
XE Wagon owner
2,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been meaning to post this for ages and have finally got around to it ;P

This is the first instalment of my fathers memories of his racing career. I am planning on a few more of these, mainly so I can have all of dad's activities on record as he is getting on in years now.

We still have a heap of pictures and various other racing type things like pit passed and stickers that will be included in the next instalments. I thought it would be a fitting tribute to a man who most of you would never have heard of but who was in the day, a very talented driver.

To save space on this site I have put it on my website

http://users.froggy.com.au/tats01

The link to the article is at the bottom of the page and is in .pdf form. If you right click on the link & then 'save as' .

I hope you all enjoy a small snippet of one mans racing career as much as I have trying to extract the information from him ;)

Thanks must go to Zantetsuken for doing the layout for me :angel:

:fairy

·
Ford Appreciation Society
3,666 Posts
I take it that is where your interest in cars started???

Good story and pics!

·
XE Wagon owner
2,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have plans to get a tape recorder & hide it from him next
time :AAHHH: ....... getting this info was hard but well worth it.

I will try to have the next installment as soon as I can with more piccys .....

Blurter ...... I'm afraid theres no new pics from what you have seen .... but I know that you know what to expect next ;)

EBXR .......Your right ..... I was one of them kids who literally grew up in the pits ;) There was only 2 girls in our family & guess who was daddys favorite :p

fordomaniac ...... thanks for that ..... I got a gooey feeling just reading your praise ;P I spose to me growing up with it all seems normal but I do realise that my childhood is stuff that some dreams are made of & thats why I wanted to share this with everyone.

:fairy

·
goooone
2,708 Posts
Cool to read thanks. My grandfather & some uncles used to race cars & bikes way back when but sadly my grandfather died when i was quite young so i can't remember much about what he told me about his racing days but we still have pictures & old trophies & things around somewhere. He owned the old Bathurst hotel when my mum was growing up & she said it used to get packed with all the drivers. Sometimes she talks about people who are legends of motorsport now but she had no idea of the significance back then.

·
Senior Events Moderator
1,710 Posts
Nice I just gave it a quick glance and what a true legend. I have saved it in my cars section on my computer and i will read it tomorrow.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts