Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 93 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those who were too young to remember...it's a sickening photo especially when those who are in it are smiling.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
It was a sad day

Something that FoMoCo shouldn't have done. I had one of them, a '82 XE ESP Ghia with original 302, Charcoal in colour. Was even better when I got it stroked at rebuild time.:gok:
Rastus.

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,542 Posts
Yeah very sad occasion for ford, and it took a decade to realise it,
:( :( :( :( :( :(
EF_Guy sheds a tear....

Lets hope they don't repeat the same mistake. V8 and Fords like peas and carrots.

Ahh well with where we are now and the heavy weights here on baord we'll be back....

·
Bring Back the 24hr!!!
5,809 Posts
My cousins stepdad knows the person who got <i>that</i> car.
I dunno whether he still has it but it could be considered a collectors item by some.

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
DONUT KING said:
My cousins stepdad knows the person who got <i>that</i> car.
I dunno whether he still has it but it could be considered a collectors item by some.
Wow! (Have you heard of the principle of six degrees of separation :?: :p You>cousin=1, cousin>mum=2, mum>stepdad=3, stepdad>person=4. Fourth degree is surprisingly powerful when considered in view of probabilities :CraZ: :) :p )
Was this car a 351 4 speed?

·
blue blooded ford fan
190 Posts
and ford is still paying for the biggest marketing mistake of the 80's. may have not been economically viable at the time, but it has proven a shoka of a decesion. EA should have had an angry bent 8. Imagine how affordable they would be for p-platers at right now!!

·
EL Fairmont Ghia Member
190 Posts
Another sad photo I have seen is the one of the 3 or 4 Phase 4 GTHO's lined up, in a workshop, not long after the plug was pulled.......

The photo you show I think is on display in the cafetaria in Broadmeadows........

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
VilkasMaximus said:
Another sad photo I have seen is the one of the 3 or 4 Phase 4 GTHO's lined up, in a workshop, not long after the plug was pulled.......

The photo you show I think is on display in the cafetaria in Broadmeadows........
Is it this one

·
Mistress Death Metal ;)
1,372 Posts
This photo has got me intrigued...

I see at lot of pics like this, as we house Ford Australia's archives at the Discovery Centre, but why are they so happy? I will ask Adrian Ryan, Ford's Historian, and will get back to you with an answer.

(The simple answer is probably that they are all lens hogs :) )

:cool:

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This is supposedly be the production one painted a different colour for sale in a dealership some years ago.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Same one different colour.
hmmm not sure the other photo is the original colour anyway it's supposed to be Calypso Green.

·
EL Fairmont Ghia Member
190 Posts
GTHO Phase 4,

I have seen all those photos you show. I am sure there was one with the guys in charge of the program at the time standing near the lined up Phase 4's, not long after the crunch. That one in the dealership is apparently the only one ever made for production/order. Was ordered with all the luxuries!!!! for a HO, owned by a Sydney dentist I hear who wont allow photos........the other 4 were prototypes, one buried at test track(rumour), one, a red one owned by someone, saw it in mag last year, the other 2 written off.

Hmmm, just learn't something interesting. Unrelated, apparently the first few fire walls for the Barra will be laminated, but the production ones wont.................hmmm

Jas

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Aussie Pete said:

Was this car a 351 4 speed?
No it would be a 302 the 351 was last seen in the XD's but some XE's had 351's such as Police cars and special orders.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
There you go Discovery wouldn't that Phase 4 be a nice little addition to the collection. :wink2:

Don't think the owner will part with it though.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
VilkasMaximus said:
GTHO Phase 4,

I have seen all those photos you show. I am sure there was one with the guys in charge of the program at the time standing near the lined up Phase 4's, not long after the crunch.

Jas
Must be this one then

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
gtho4 said:
For those who were too young to remember...it's a sickening photo especially when those who are in it are smiling.
Have a look at the date on the photo. 19 years ago. How many 19 year olds want to buy a falcon these days? Not many.
Brian Inglis should be shot. He killed the v8 and pulled out of motorsport. Someone please explain to me how that imbecile scored a knighthood. :fmad: If it was for services to the auto industry the person responsible for his nomination should be shot as well.

We've had the V8 back since '91/'92, but we are still feeling the effects of that decision. Lets have a look in 19 years time and see where Ford is. The sleeping giant is back.. :evil2::thumbup:

·
blue blooded ford fan
190 Posts
well as a 19 year old i have to say that if my first car, the ****ta of an EA, had a v8 in it, i would still be driving it.

1 - 20 of 93 Posts
About this Discussion
92 Replies
24 Participants
Jesmol
Ford Forums
Ford Forum is a community to discuss all things Ford. Check out our discussions on the Ford Escape, Mustang, Edge, F-150, Raptor, Explorer, Focus, Fusion, Fiesta and more!
Full Forum Listing