Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
کhậ۴ţ
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I saw them on friday in Auckland, and they went off!!. Played a great set, with only three songs from st anger which sounded much better than on the albumn.

Edit: set list as follows:

Blackened
Creeping Death
Harvester of Sorrow
Welcome Home (Sanitarium)
For Whom The Bell Tolls
Frantic
Sad But True
Dirty Window
Seek and Destroy
Fade to black
Battery

-----------

St. Anger
Nothing Else Matters
Master of Puppets

--------

One
Enter Sandman

In short they ****ing blew the house down, They were all on form, Lars pulling of some mammoth drumming during Battery, James sounding as agressive as ever and kirk was ****ing awesome. New Bassist Robert knows his shit and fit's right in. :rockon:

they were the most entertaining act on the day (no surprise) had great pyrotechnics, and had the crowd going nuts. The two hour set felt like 60 minutes cos i was lost in the songs for most of it. Wikid.

\m/

·
Registered
5,083 Posts
w00t, 9 days now......can't wait!

·
DigiMoran
15 Posts
Long as Lars doesnt use that shit ass soundin snare drum like on the album, that ruined it for me. There old drum sound was way better. Then again, metallica's a live band.

·
CEO - The BSR Group
4,400 Posts
I wonder if anyone was wearing Napster or MP3.com t-shirts in the crowd??? :HAHA:

·
Fords biggest Freak
663 Posts
Woo hoo. I'm going to the Adelaide BDO in 2 weeks! Metallica is the last band to be on stage, which means that stage will be packed!

·
Proudly Average
1,305 Posts
i scalped my 'tallica tickets... i guess i'll never know! :(

·
Village Idiot
2,526 Posts
Yep i shouold be going on the 1st of feb.

Its going to be too packed a gain but. Last year at foo fighters i couldnt get anywhere near the stage. My mate got a drum stick but

·
کhậ۴ţ
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ambrose_1 said:
Did you get anything stolen from your car shaft? i heard heaps of people did
Nup. Parked the car at my mates house just off K road and taxied there. I was in no state to drive by the time i left hehehe *munted*

Edit: Missed 8ft Sativa tho, which i am gutted about as i heard they bought the house down as well.

·
EFing Quick!
1,327 Posts
Sweet! I'm going to get my BDO tickets tomorrow and seeing Metallica will be worth the price of admission alone! Last year my mate and I stood in the D barrier for three hours (and seeing Jane's Addiction, PJ Harvey (ugh!) and QOTSA) just to see Foo Fighters. Looks like we're going to do the same this year as well (and have to endure Hoodoo Gurus!).

We already have it sorta planned I reckon we'll see Butterfly Effect, 1200 Techniques, Jet then the preceeding bands before Metallica (Hoodoo Gurus and the Strokes), and finally Metallica!

·
EFing Quick!
1,327 Posts
Just looked at your playlist again... no Fuel or For Whom the Bell Tolls?

·
.au member
2,747 Posts
Well it was 3 years ago that Jason Newsted left Metallica on the 18th, and in my sig. you can see that I'm not exactly a Trujillo fan. I watched the clip for 'The Unnamed Feeling' on rage a few nights back, and it was in all honesty one of the worst songs/videos I have ever watched. Absolutely terrible! Metallica have IMHO taken a real step backwards in terms of good music - Load, ReLoad and S&M are by far their best stuff for me(S&M is amazing).

Btw, anyone wants to hear Jason Newsted's new stuff, just click on the bit in my sig ;).

·
Registered
5,083 Posts
ReLoad was shocking! Ride the Lightning/Master of Puppet/Metallic all the way!

My only major gripe with StAnger is that bloody drum kit, argh.

·
.au member
2,747 Posts
Reload had fuel on it, and fuel is in Triple J's top 100 best ever songs. So someone must have liked it! ;)

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Napster
Napster
Where's the dough that I've been after

Metallica haven't made a good album in 10 years. There recent shit sucked. Man did they sell out hard.

·
EFing Quick!
1,327 Posts
Yeah my fave Metallica album has to be "Master of Puppets". Awesome album. I thought "Unnamed Feeling" is the best track on St. Anger, and is the better clip out of that and St. Anger/Frantic.

·
tough XF
487 Posts
sounds wikid me and my girl are going to the metallica concert in melbourne next wednesday gunna go off

·
کhậ۴ţ
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Beefchief said:
Just looked at your playlist again... no Fuel or For Whom the Bell Tolls?

Just edited my post, for whom the bell tolls was played. Nothing form load or reload was played. And i dont think it would have worked with the crowd. Lots of old school westies there hehe.They played 3 songs from st anger (IMO the worst metallica albumn ever) St Anger was one, frantic was another and the third i canny remember.

·
XA Coupe owner.
42 Posts
Im soooooo pissed off that I missed out on tickets for metallica......screw the BDO, been once, never again.

I missed out last time they came..........now I missed out again, praying to christ that they tour here with the release of the next album....

IMO St. Anger rocks.....it sounds fantastic, love every song on it, there is not one metallica album that is bad/crap in my books.....fantastic driving music, *flips off doof doof morons in civics"

1 - 20 of 24 Posts