Ford Forums banner

61 - 80 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
OFFICIAL UPDATE

The news up until now has been that Noddy's car had made 199rwkw with a rich tune after the engine had been modded.

The car had an XEDE unit fitted yesterday to deal with the fuel problem, and we played with all the usual fuel and ignition settings.

The car made 224rwkw, exceeding our target by 4rwkw.

The difference on the road has to be experienced to be believed.

Noddy and I had some lengthy discussions about what to expect, what to change, how the car should behave and the important fact that we wanted to retain the cars original flavour. Also, Noddy was on a budget that had to be adhered to.

I expect the knockers to start early, so i will be brief. This program has been a success from my point of view. We have taken one of ford's finest products and taken the sharp edges off it. The car was nice before, it still is quite driveable, but now it is classed as a weapon.

To make the power we made without changing TB, manifold, exhaust or cold air setup is exciting. We know of 10-15rwkw left in the car. Its the components we DIDNT change that make the car what it is. Lift the bonnet and it looks stock. It idles real well too, but you can tell something exciting is about to happen.

I expect 235rwkw with this car wont be a problem with the right bolt-ons.
GT40P heads, remember?

The same mods to a manual will see 245rwkw. Thats a given.

I would like to thank all the people who have made a positive contribution to this particular section. I admire the T3, and feel like the T3 owners get left out. Congrats guys, you all own fine vehicles, and they can be pretty nasty when they want to be. When I put all the specs up, dont be surprised about

no alloy heads

no aftermarket extractors

no aftermarket cold air intake or helix

no 550 lift camshafts

no magical spacers, thingymajigs etc.

Its just a windsor.

For all the guys who want to get this work done, its easy. Specs are to follow, and I will be happy to forward a list of competent people around the country who can do this.

Now, its time to take it to the track.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Sounds like he has got what he wanted. Should be interesting to see what times it runs on the track. Who will be driving it on the track?

·
Registered
455 Posts
Gambit said:
Sounds like he has got what he wanted. Should be interesting to see what times it runs on the track. Who will be driving it on the track?
I offered to drive it at calder tonight, but i dont think there is anthing to prove here. I think the best way to measure a gain is to get Noddy to drive it at willowbank.

·
When 2 T3s are not enough
1,934 Posts
Just think you will get at leased another 10 to 15 KW with a set of Hurricain extracters and 3 to5 KW with a CAI!! Well done guys......

·
Registered
455 Posts
fairmont1998 said:
Are we going to see any more pics? :)
There will be photo's, specs, suppliers and costings for everyone. I'll make it my personal business to ensure that if anybody wants this stuff done to their T3, they can achieve it at the right price, with quality built in.

·
Registered
316 Posts
perfect- that's what I want- who can do it in Perth and how much will it cost?

·
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
Hi all, i have the car back now but will give a full report once the idle issue has been sorted and i have all the pics and specs from Chris. Chris says Laclan from Chiptorque will be able to adjust the idle by way of a custom chip this week, the butt-o-meter feels very promising. If it is fixed before Wednesday nights t&t i will run the car at Willowbank

·
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
philstoj said:
custom chip? why not just tune the xede?
From what Laclan has said the t3 has a different ecu/map to the rest of the auiii series which the xede has trouble adjusting the idle. The car drives ok while on the move but has soon as you pull up the auto has to be shifted into neutral otherwise the engine stalls. What ever the problem maybe Chris says Chiptorque will sort it.

·
AUTS50 #012
1,001 Posts
Can't wait for the report Noddy. Hope you get things sorted with the idle soon.

Damn it, why can't someone come up with a EECVedit for our AU's? would help this sort of thing and there'd be no need for chips. They've got a BA edit now and the AU was before the bloody BA! :nothpy:

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
AUGZMK said:
Can't wait for the report Noddy. Hope you get things sorted with the idle soon.

Damn it, why can't someone come up with a EECVedit for our AU's? would help this sort of thing and there'd be no need for chips. They've got a BA edit now and the AU was before the bloody BA! :nothpy:
well they say that they are gonna release one for the EECV equipped cars at around xmas time, hopefully sooner..
there is a few developments happening for us windsor blokes at the moment :iwsun:

·
Registered
453 Posts
EB 5.6 said:
I would like to thank all the people who have made a positive contribution to this particular section. I admire the T3, and feel like the T3 owners get left out. Congrats guys, you all own fine vehicles, and they can be pretty nasty when they want to be. When I put all the specs up, dont be surprised about

no alloy heads

no aftermarket extractors

no aftermarket cold air intake or helix

no 550 lift camshafts

no magical spacers, thingymajigs etc.

Its just a windsor.

For all the guys who want to get this work done, its easy. Specs are to follow, and I will be happy to forward a list of competent people around the country who can do this.

Now, its time to take it to the track.
sounds like you guys made some real great improvemnts, the gt40p heads have heaps of potential in them to make a really good strong street motor. i would, and i'm sure a lot of others, would really love to see some more pics and get a list of the specs, dyno and 1/4 times. otherwise i hope that you are really enjoying it noddy, it sounds like it has the goods in all the right places now.

·
Two SC 61's = trouble
6,360 Posts
Noddy said:
From what Laclan has said the t3 has a different ecu/map to the rest of the auiii series which the xede has trouble adjusting the idle. The car drives ok while on the move but has soon as you pull up the auto has to be shifted into neutral otherwise the engine stalls. What ever the problem maybe Chris says Chiptorque will sort it.
But isn't the Xede be able to be tuned in real time ? Making it programable ???

61 - 80 of 94 Posts