Ford Forums banner

81 - 94 of 94 Posts

·
waitin 4 swoop 2 catch up
479 Posts
would the same round about mods be able to give my xr8 sprint auto round 200rwkw???

·
Two SC 61's = trouble
6,360 Posts
Sprint_ED said:
would the same round about mods be able to give my xr8 sprint auto round 200rwkw???
IMO yes but I think your inlet would need some porting.Though they say they can make up to 400 h.p [Cobra inlet] with inlet in SVT catalogue, I doubt it without being touched/ ported etc..Pluss the Sprint inlet was an experimental one before the Cobra..Yes good induction around 212 rwkw easy.. Porting heads as above too.The GT40 heads need some port work especially on exhaust side.. The cam's on Sprints are actually less agressive than H.O[efi/ roller] motors.That's also where some power can be gained.

·
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
Yes it has been a long while, just waiting on all the engine info and pictures to be sent to me so i can finish this thread.

Chris has pics of every step and all the improvements, but he is a busy lad. :beatup: I'm sure i'll receive them soon

·
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
fairmont1998 said:
Are we going to see any more pics? :)
No, the pics that are up in this thread are the only pics available. I have spoken to Chris and he has informed me that whatever other pics he may have he has deleted to clear space on his hard drive.

I will have a full report with what mods were done, what it cost me and track results soon.

·
Registered
10 Posts
ebxr8240 said:
IMO yes but I think your inlet would need some porting.Though they say they can make up to 400 h.p [Cobra inlet] with inlet in SVT catalogue, I doubt it without being touched/ ported etc..Pluss the Sprint inlet was an experimental one before the Cobra..Yes good induction around 212 rwkw easy.. Porting heads as above too.The GT40 heads need some port work especially on exhaust side.. The cam's on Sprints are actually less agressive than H.O[efi/ roller] motors.That's also where some power can be gained.
200rwkw or so is what we are looking at for our Sprint. Currently we are running 155rwkw (Auto, Shoot_8) with Extractors, Exhaust and a conservative Chiptoruqe custom chip. I like the idea of being able to use the original, Sprint specific, what makes a Sprint engine bits.

Cheers,
Lumpy :hy:

·
methanol injected clevo
1,185 Posts
ebxr8240 said:
I just got my sprint going yesterday, Cobra intake ported, GT40 heads ported to 228cfm, Bennet racing roller cam with .580" lift, ARP bolts, Manly valves, big springs etc, forged 347 stroker....

once i have her running nice i'll pass on my results! (chewing fuel and fouling plugs, i think i have to figure out the tune before i drive her and kill the oil)

·
methanol injected clevo
1,185 Posts
Lumpen said:
200rwkw or so is what we are looking at for our Sprint. Currently we are running 155rwkw (Auto, Shoot_8) with Extractors, Exhaust and a conservative Chiptoruqe custom chip. I like the idea of being able to use the original, Sprint specific, what makes a Sprint engine bits.

Cheers,
Lumpy :hy:
the EXACT reason i built a forged 347 bottom end and used my Sprint top end. Other than the Eliminator Hi-energy sump and head studs, there is NOTHING that gives away what's in the engine... except for the angry idle :hy: turns heads like nothing else

·
Registered
670 Posts
I was thinking the same thing when i went for the stroker option....Then i got carried away a lil. No AAMI insurance for me anymore!

Looking forward to the results!

81 - 94 of 94 Posts
About this Discussion
93 Replies
27 Participants
myte8
Ford Forums
Ford Forum is a community to discuss all things Ford. Check out our discussions on the Ford Escape, Mustang, Edge, F-150, Raptor, Explorer, Focus, Fusion, Fiesta and more!
Full Forum Listing