Ford Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
How bloody Hot is it ??!!
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SO has anyone worked out there mileage figures ?? I worked out 9.1L/100Km from Sydney-Euroa on the trip down and 8.5L/100Km on the Geelong-Goulbourn Leg on the way home.

These seem really low, so i am gonna check when i get home tonight as well as working out the resto of the Geelong-Broadmeadow-Frankston-Geelong travel that i did.. Hopefully will have a average mileage for the whole week...

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Last time I did Canberra-Melb in the 121 I recorded 5L/100km. Mind you we were travelling at just under 100km/h. Did Canberra-Yae earlier this year and got 11L/100km! BTW best I've seen is 3.5L/100km.

·
Crazed Cone Chaser
2,524 Posts
I was quite surprised to see my mileage.
I averaged about 16lt/100km on LPG in my trusty old XF.
On my trip to canberra earlier this year it was at 21lt/100km, that could be because of no overdrive and high speed travellling...ooops, did I say that.

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
I noticed that Chris's (Aussie Falcon) AU Fairmont was showing around 7-8L/100km on our trip back while on the highway doing 110-120kmh or so.

·
Rail Rider
1,248 Posts
I couldn't be bothered figuring it out...ok I don't know how to figure it out.

On my way home, I filled up in Melbourne and travelled 837Km home without filling. I filled up the next day with 65litres(68L tank). Got home in 7hrs 45mins. Had the cruise set to 5km above posted limit.

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
Chaps said:
Go the Festy !!! :p
Damn Straight!! That's about the only thing it's got going for it though.. :eek:

·
Rail Rider
1,248 Posts
Chaps said:

(Litres/ Kms travelled) * 100..

On your figures, that's around 7.7 KMs per 100 L

My god I would be lucky to get out the driveway with those figures...lol

Thanks for that! 7.7L per 100Km pretty good for a 4L 6.

·
Ford Member
259 Posts
Hired an AUII forte when on holiday in Tasmania.

Achieved similar sort of fuel figures - DTE readout was 800+! (typically conservative figure anyway)

That would be a result of about 7.8 as well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts