Ford Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1985 E 350...460 class c RV..I parked it 2 years ago it was running great...a friend took it filled up both gas tanks...I went got it out of storage yesterday drove it about 80 miles and it missed, backfired and time I had to stop it would die..cranks right back up but still miss...any suggestion...it’s carburetor...style. If that makes a difference...

Please help

·
Super Moderator
8,596 Posts
How old is the gas and was it stored in a conditioned space? It's possible that the fuel absorbed moisture (gasoline will do that), some Dry-gas or Seafoam may help clear it up some until you have room for a fresh tank(s).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The gas in the tanks was in it when we stored it two years ago we had used the gen some ofpver that period so had used a lot of the gas out, took it and filled it up at a stations here we buy gas all the time...the last 4 cans of sea foam I put in has made it run a lot better but..still everyone once in awhile it misses not near as bad..so I’m hoping it is getting better....I’m going to drive it one day this week see how it does...I was thinking of buying pure 100 gas none ethanol..do you think that would be ok,,,one tank is almost empty the other one is about half empty..

Thanks for the respond

·
Super Moderator
8,596 Posts
If you've gotten that far, Sunoco Ultra 94 is a lot cheaper and should do the same job. Check your fuel delivery pressure as well to make it's steady.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you I will try that well I will look for BP or Marco or Shell that’s the kind we have here...but it shouldn’t matter the brand rt.,I will do Shell

·
Super Moderator
8,596 Posts
I only chose Sunoco as they seem to be the only ones that sell 94, the rest top out at 93.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts