Ford Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
NOS + Boost = Fun
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
3L V6 engine. - In good cond. Heads are off for inspection. Hone lines visible on bore, no lip or bur on bore either. Bottom end regurlary rotated, and bores cleaned. Heads in good cond, valves not pulling thru.

2 x 4sp Manual Gearboxes. 1 single rail close ratio. 1 Side loader. No linkages for sideloader. Both boxes have bell housings. ( Ammendment. I have found the linkage for the side loader. :) )

V6 extractors.

Almost new heavy duty clutch.

Factory Fuel tank

Assorted badges. - 3000GT( Actually 3000V6, mispelt, sorry) , 4 sets of F O R D letters for boot and bonnet.

Factory centre console. - Unit not complete, does not have clock in it, or facia plate. Good condition.

Available soon, Diff. Not sure if L.S.D. or of ratio, will post when i check. Will be availabe once new diff installed.

Some other parts as well, can check upon request.

I can get photos for parts as requested also, too hard to post photos of all bits.

All parts open to offer, please email or PM if interested.

I am located at Port Macquarie, N.S.W.

·
NOS + Boost = Fun
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump

Also have front lip spoiler for same model car.

·
NOS + Boost = Fun
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Badges seem to be popular. Here is a pic of them.

This picture has been resized a couple of times to get it to fit, so may be a little unclear.

Attachments

·
XF 250 4.1 XFLOW TURBO
974 Posts
ahhh slight problem mate they r the silver ones me brother in law is actually looking for the coloured ones but ill send him the pic and see what he says

·
NOS + Boost = Fun
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
BUMP, still for sale. Also now available, Genuine V6 Bonnet, with holes for GT push in lock pins. Bonnet has no rust, no didnts, no scratches, just needs a sand a paint. This bonnet is perfect, can supply pics to interested parties.

·
The Old Bloke
124 Posts
BlownV8 said:
BUMP, still for sale. Also now available, Genuine V6 Bonnet, with holes for GT push in lock pins. Bonnet has no rust, no didnts, no scratches, just needs a sand a paint. This bonnet is perfect, can supply pics to interested parties.

Hi,

After seeing the badges the price is too much.

Sorry not for me some else was looking for them.

How much for the bonnet?

Regards
Ross

·
NOS + Boost = Fun
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
50LtCapri said:
Hi,

After seeing the badges the price is too much.

Sorry not for me some else was looking for them.

How much for the bonnet?

Regards
Ross

You have PM.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Have you any trim or body parts you want to rid yourself of? I am also wanting to build a V8 Capri, so looking to find spares, including a body in reasonable nick. Don't care if it's a 4Cyl body, or not. Anyone in Sydney know where I can locate Capri bits.

Lastly, what ever happened to Rob Pennel V8 Capri Guru. Looking to score V8 conversion kit.

Cheers fellas.

Troy

·
The Old Bloke
124 Posts
Hi Troy,

Castlemaine Rod Shop for V8 conversion kit.

Includes everything to bolt in a V8. Needs some welding for the engine mounts and cross member.

Regards
Ross

·
Registered
31 Posts
Thanks for the quick reply mate. I assume that you have gone down this path before? Can you relate your experiences with respect to rego and Transport Inspection requirments?

Have you had the car engineered? If so, what is the reaction to the CRS/Hadfield kit?

What documentation comes with the CRS Kit with respect to engineer certificates and the like?

Is the CRS kit approved for use Australia Wide, or is the CRS Kit only recognised/certified for VIC use? (Don't laugh, I have seen this B4)

I have a million and one questions and I really need to speak with guys such as yourself who currently have registered V8 Capri's. I owned one on the Gold Coast in the mid 80's. It was a genuine V6, so legally I was able to slot a 289 in the engine bay, with no engineer certification at all. The 289 became a 302 and the toploader was replaced with C4 and high stall. Nice quick ride with N2O.

My questions pertain to the use of a 4 CYL body with the CRS Chassis kit, upgraded brakes, tubs and a 9 inch. Has anyone out there used a 4 CYL body and successfully registered it with 351 Clev in NSW? Or am I stuck with 289Ci and go down the route I used before? I recall a bloke by the name of Bob Pennell used to supply kits for Cleveland Capri’s. His was definitely registered as a 351 and was a very quick ride.

Lastly, please feel free to message me, as I want to get this right the first time. I really appreciate any advice on brake upgrades, diff conversions, suspension tips, exhaust - Especially headers – Who is the best pipemaker here in Sydney?

You can see I have a lot of unanswered questions I am hoping you can shed some light on for me.

All the very best and thanks again for coming back to me.

Troy

·
NOS + Boost = Fun
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
XYHO said:
Thanks for the quick reply mate. I assume that you have gone down this path before? Can you relate your experiences with respect to rego and Transport Inspection requirments?

Have you had the car engineered? If so, what is the reaction to the CRS/Hadfield kit?

What documentation comes with the CRS Kit with respect to engineer certificates and the like?

Is the CRS kit approved for use Australia Wide, or is the CRS Kit only recognised/certified for VIC use? (Don't laugh, I have seen this B4)

I have a million and one questions and I really need to speak with guys such as yourself who currently have registered V8 Capri's. I owned one on the Gold Coast in the mid 80's. It was a genuine V6, so legally I was able to slot a 289 in the engine bay, with no engineer certification at all. The 289 became a 302 and the toploader was replaced with C4 and high stall. Nice quick ride with N2O.

My questions pertain to the use of a 4 CYL body with the CRS Chassis kit, upgraded brakes, tubs and a 9 inch. Has anyone out there used a 4 CYL body and successfully registered it with 351 Clev in NSW? Or am I stuck with 289Ci and go down the route I used before? I recall a bloke by the name of Bob Pennell used to supply kits for Cleveland Capri’s. His was definitely registered as a 351 and was a very quick ride.

Lastly, please feel free to message me, as I want to get this right the first time. I really appreciate any advice on brake upgrades, diff conversions, suspension tips, exhaust - Especially headers – Who is the best pipemaker here in Sydney?

You can see I have a lot of unanswered questions I am hoping you can shed some light on for me.

All the very best and thanks again for coming back to me.

Troy
Troy, You have PM.

Have supplied you my number to call. Too much trouble to type. I have CRS rail kit in 4cyl body, and has passed engineers ticket.

Happy to talk to you.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.