Ford Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I suspect the Map sensor maybe faulty . The voltage to the computer at idle is 1.25 volts . At 3800 rpm the voltage is 2.9 volts . Can someone tell me if this reading is acceptable ? thanks David .

·
Super Moderator
10,227 Posts
Should be closer to 2.5 VDC at idle. Have you tried cleaning it? Here's a "troubleshooting guide", it's sort of generic, but it's something.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks like my problem is with the turbocharger . Got a engine diagnostic today . Faults :IAT Circuit Fault . Turbo Boost Sensor A Circuit Fault . Fuel Timing Error . Vehicle Speed Sensor . Where do I start ?

·
Super Moderator
10,227 Posts
I wouldn't go jumping on board with that just yet. There's a broad range of diagnostics that you just displayed. Unless yo have multiple failures, it is not likely that a single component will affect them. Find a good schematic on the engine management and see if there's a common wire. For instace, they may be sharing the same reference bus or getting 12 V to power the sensor or even a ground. It never said the turbo was bad, it said that the sensor A circuit had a fault. Turbo's are too expensive to replace without eliminating a few other possibilities first.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts