Ford Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
RF Industries is an australian manufacturer of antennas and such systems. They are actually the manufacturer of a lot of Telstra equipment.

Anyhow, they have a new range of mobile phone aerials for cars. The latest is a dual band through-glass antenna called the E-Glass. Good stuff! They also have excellent whip-free antennas for CDMA/GSM which prevent theft and don't have any external mountings at all (eg Quadrant)

Look them up at:

www.rfindustries.com.au

I have used, and am still usng their products with great satisfaction. The only exception is I use GME for UHF/27MHz.

·
7,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For those interested GME is also an Australian company that makes stuff that is WAY better than Uniden and many other radio manufacturers.

www.gme.net.au

Of interest are their UHF CB slimline which fits easily anywhere and works like a charm (I know - love it) with full features like duplex etc. It has a great cradle mount which lets you take it out in 10 seconds when you don't need to use it.

Also, if you are a die hard 27MHz (AM) CB user, they now have a ground independent aerial to suit (model AE220). All aerials can be mounted on a custom bracket just for AU series boot lip (LH or RH) models MB001 and MB002 respectively.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
My Uniden 27Mhz CB is still waiting to be fitted to the Suby while the GME remote mount UHF will be ordered soon. Then I have to find a car kit for the mobile. GME will supply the AE220 for the 27Mhz and AE409L for UHF. Both aerials will have to be mounted on the front guards:( . The phone aerial might end up being the highgain RFI roof mount on the back of the roof. Either that or the smaller Cellfinder with a braket on the tailgate. I prefer the aerials behind my line of site but I can't mount them on the roof due too height problems.

·
7,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
FTEFan:
For your cell phone aerial, what's wrong with thru-glass type like the RFI EG883? I bought two today and they are well manufactured (Quality) and have 3dB gain on both 900 and 1800.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
The car is getting metallic window tint which can cause problems, I also like to keep aerials as far from each other as posible and it's a 1991 Subaru. It just looks right with aerials hanging off it LOL. If it was an XR or the like I would go the concealed aerial for the cell phone. We use them at work and they are great. Although I might endup with the on glass type depending on how the money is and if I could bring my self to drill the roof. Was thinking about mounting all aerials on the roof by drilling.

·
7,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cut the tint where you intend to mount the thru glass aerial.

Drilling - mate, your car (shudder). Having said that I have to drill small holes to mount my brackets inside the boot lip area. A bit of cold zinc and on removal a few drops of touch up paint and we're laughing!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts