Ford Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was my last race before I totaled my beloved PGT. I was sitting on an onramp waiting for the light to turn green when this Mustang pulls up besides me. There were 3 young males in the car. The driver rev's his engine and says "lets race!" I heard that the new V6 mustangs have 200 horses so I got excited. I said "lets do it!" so I revved my engine to 6k rpm, when the light turned green I dropped the clutch, smoking my tires and took off like a mother*******. Too bad the Mustang had smoke in it's face as it had a weak start(spun it's tires too long), and when I got to 80mph I couldn't see the lights anymore so I slowed down to 65, then in a few secs, I saw the Mustang fly past me....a little too little, a little to late mother******!!

Zenko
'94 PGT(R.I.P.)
mods:hks airfilter, hotshot gen IV headers, custom exhaust, ngk wires, eibach springs, wings west thruster wing, clear side markers, imported clear corners, Sony headunit, kenwood amp, polk speakers and subwoofer, whistler radar detector

·
It's been a long time...
52 Posts
You launched at 6,000rpm, but the mustang had the bad start?

·
"oh, you were racing?"
118 Posts
c-man said:
You launched at 6,000rpm, but the mustang had the bad start?
Me thinks the Mustang thought it was a burn out competition.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Why does everyone always launch at such high rpm? Don't you know it's slowing you down?

Good kill though!

·
Probe SE driver
99 Posts
kl-ze ya! said:
Why does everyone always launch at such high rpm? Don't you know it's slowing you down?

Good kill though!
I usually launch between 2k-3k. And i usually fether it till she locks up.

·
Mazda MX6 Member
103 Posts
6k droppin it :eek:o1: ??

and you said you "took off like a mother"??

my experience with my old stock clutch was that if I let it drop at 6k....my clutch would have slipped so bad I would have felt like I slipped it :shifty: (and now with my ACT it sure wouldn't be a pretty launch!!)

i think those clear side markers are what let you edge him out :s2:

but if ya killed him :beerchuge

·
Probe GT Member
117 Posts
i like the burn out theory the best....the burn out comp....if you dumpped it at 6000 then all your car did was smoke tires:s5

·
Honda Who?
56 Posts
burn out competition sounds like what it was to me.
had anybody else been there racing, they would of already been up to 40mph before you guys locked up.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nice way to make a new member feel welcome guys, keep up the good work:crazy1:

·
Old Skool Member
1,031 Posts
He probably revved up his engine for the other person to hear, and then right when the light turned green he dropped the clutch at a different rpm. He did separate that with commas, so that's just my guess.. no one will launch that good dropping it at 6k, not even in a WRX.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts