Ford Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As this car has pretty much everything what else should I do to it I am going to remove cats(for sound)and I guess I will get a K&N,are there computer upgrades or anything else CAI maybe?All advice welcome.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Goldenboy said:
As this car has pretty much everything what else should I do to it I am going to remove cats(for sound)and I guess I will get a K&N,are there computer upgrades or anything else CAI maybe?All advice welcome.
Why would you want to remove the cats, besides being illegal it wont burn off harmful cancer causing gasses.
My T3 engine still runs cats and sounds plenty loud and beefy you can hear it coming blocks away and when your up it sounds like a group A in flight. From the cats back mine is straight through the only mufflers being the large diameter hot dog type. (2 on each pipe, one middle one rear) The XR8 snorkel can be grafted to the pod filter housing and works well. Every time I clean the filter it has a huge dirty spot right where the snorkel comes in so it obviously sucks hard at that point. (air will take the easiest route) consider the edit with custom tune.

·
When 2 T3s are not enough
1,934 Posts
Yeah im with Paul on this one. A custom tune edit/unichip would be were i'd be heading.
There is big gain with the right exhaust alone. So if you have that right, then the rest is pretty simple. Snorkel, K&N, & unichip/edit will give you about 250 rwkw of near 300 at the motor.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts