Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Silver XR6 Turbo
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I'm now the proud owner of a XR6 Turbo and I was just after some advice as to what to do to my XR6T first? I've been doing a little bit of research and the APS Stage II kit seems pretty good. What do you guys think? Is anyone using an APS Kit?

Also, where in Victoria is best to go to make upgrades to your XR6T?

Thanks,

Tudman

·
Registered
44 Posts
hey mate i been lookin at the ba xr6t aps phase 3 kit.. and for the 390kw at the fly 9 grand is good but other places r cheaper n di it different.. i have done ALOT of looking around i have found about 7 places thsat do the same sort of power range.. here are the people i looked at
CAPA PERFORMANCE
JIM MOCK MOTORSPORT
HERROD
AVO TURBO WORLD
DYNOMITE PERFORMANCE
EMAIL them all there prices are different but same power

·
performance first
8 Posts
hi guys,
i'm Dion from Dyno-mite Performance. I see your wanting to mod your xr6, just ask away!

·
Registered
44 Posts
hey dion i emailed u the other day about my ba xr6 turbo.. u emailed me back well i think it was u.. it was from dyno mite performance.. cause i work in footscray on buckley street and i seen your add in the paper and yeah i emailed u can u remmeber at all?

·
Registered
44 Posts
fair enough cool cool.. there is only one thing im scared off is that they tell me that the 5 speed manual is a bad box when they get more then 240rwkw can u or do u know anyone that can help me out?

·
performance first
8 Posts
it all depends on the traction you get. no traction(ie wheel spin)not as much load so not so hard on the box.if you have only street tyres you will turn the tyres before braking the box

·
performance first
8 Posts
i haven't seen one that weak! i know you can buy after market gear set, not sure how much

·
Registered
44 Posts
ok sweet thanks mate. im just scared if i spend 5 grand on my car to get good power then i blow a gear box and im carless again..
if u dyno tuned my car stock would u get more power out of it and how much?

·
"MYF60"
65 Posts
mate befor you worrie about your gearbox id worry about your axeles and axel trapping bending them suckers i know on my f6 ute after having it 4 months i had to get 2 new axels and that was 235rwkw 800nm at the wheels so boxes are fine its getting little power down the back and keeping it there best of luck

·
performance first
8 Posts
the best value for money is the custom flash tune which will set you back $1500. your's should make around 180-190rwkw, after custom tune you will see 225-235rwkw.

·
Registered
44 Posts
cool cool.. i want around the 300rwkw mark... so atm its on hold till i sell my el.. but after that ill be probably hunting you down to get the dump pipe and so on..

·
"MYF60"
65 Posts
make sure u get a twin dump pipe, the wastegate one in 2' pipe and the other in 4' or at least 3.5' and have the two join back into one main pipe say 4' a little further down the dump, mandrel bent and one 4' high flow cat and a cannon muffler out the back made 20rwkw and the throttle response a hell of alot better not to mention how quick its on to boost, the power curve went from / to | if you get me. i dont know about the others but id sware by the exhaust i got, now with a capa flash tune injectors and pump ive been told to look for the 310 rwkw kinda figure but ill let you know,

·
performance first
8 Posts
the exhaust we use is a twin dump pipe through a hiflow cat and a 3.5" system. we have seen a 42rwkw increase. my ute has exhaust, injectors,actuator,tune and makes 333.7rwkw at the moment.

·
"MYF60"
65 Posts
42rwkw with just an exhaust no tune no nothing ???

·
"MYF60"
65 Posts
the tune you talk of is that with a capa flash yeah? im still to flash tune and injectors on mine but after these mods im keen to chase thos kinda numbers

·
Registered
44 Posts
i just been told that a friend of mine can get me 330rwkw for $3.500 i think its a capa chip with exhaust and cold air intake does that sound about right??? and how hard is it to unstall these things??

1 - 20 of 23 Posts