Ford Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Ford Europe Wannabe
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
guys just wanted to show of my new purchase and to ask you a couple of questions

What are the best extractors to put on my car (Eg. to give the most power!) I hear HM Headers or Genie are the way to go

I am also going to put a 3inch sports exhaust on it, a huge K&N Aif filter pod to help it breathe better, tint the windows, put a set of little driving lights on it and a few colored gizmo's in the interior (pedals, gearknobs etc) I am hoping for 170+kw (an AU VCT would have been a nice base to work from!)

I originally wanted a dark blue falcon, but after seeing this color (regency) i just had to have it. What do you think?????

·
Not Fast Enough, Dammit!
302 Posts
I just cant get enough of an EL XR with a body kit. I just love 'em
I reckon that the ELXR's are the best looking model ever to come from a ford factory

Sorry if that sounds a little soppy but I love em, especially in white.

·
Old Car:BA XR6 New: 97 EL
1,031 Posts
oooh drooool THATS ONE SEXY *****...

Nice colour nice car.....

I've always said Ford got it just right with the EL.... (All Models)
The AU has been a total ***up.....

The EL is alot smoother and quieter than the AU/II IMO..... AND GOES HARDER...

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
Awesome ride! Im jealous!

Now bolt a Turbo on it to show those Skyline owners what a real Six is! :D:cool:;)

·
CEO - The BSR Group
4,400 Posts
Yes yes indeed, GOING EL IS THE GOING THING!! :D

Very nice mate! :thumbup:

·
Ford Europe Wannabe
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i have now decided to put one of those CAPA supercharges on the car to bump it up to approx 250kw after i finish all the mods! Might see have i can get a bit more boost going after the system proves itself to me! Bring on the KW'S!

Martin- still have to admit that the nissan skyline engine is a truly awesome (smooth, efficient and fast) for its time. It was designed in the early eighties after all if it was launched in 1986! I had a nissan skyline silhouette and in some respects it is smoother than xr6's engine, not to mention it got 10.5L/100 in the city!!!!!!!

·
708 Posts
i have a el2 xr8 in white with 40,000 k's and can honestly say i think it's a better looking car than say au1. au2 220 i would probably change my mind. but then i don't have 45 grand to buy one. i just need more grunt. 185 kw just does'nt cut it.

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
Mate, thats a nice choice you made there. Very very niice love the regency colour as in standard form the moulds are black as opposed to red, looks classier IMO.

Ahhhh i envy you mate, if only i have a spare 15k lying around, i would get an EL2XR8.

One of the nicest falcon models to comeout from Ford.

·
Australian XR6 Member
124 Posts
Nice purchase TurboDOHC .... looks sensational :nuts: :nuts:

The EL's do have a great looking nose.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Very nice ride there. I can tell you from experience that XR6's with a good exhaust sound VERY good indeed. Did you get manual or auto?

·
Ford Europe Wannabe
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well i was going to get an auto becuase i was going to be doing mainly city driving, but after driving dad's stock AU Fairmont (auto) i was thoroughly unimpressed with the response of the throttle (lack of!) so i have gone the manual option!

I know an XR6 would have different throttle reaction to a stock AU, but after driving my sweet skyline with a manual, i needed another manual car so i was doing real driving

Also wanted it for the better performance and economy (it on gas too for when i am in "grandpa mode"

·
Ford Europe Wannabe
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
just wanted to know who exactly owns an EL XR6 here?

Those of you that do what mods have you done to the car and is it manual or auto?

filters?
headers?
what size exhaust?
Cold air induction?

What fuel economy do you get in the city or highway?

Just trying to know a bit more before i undertake the above mods to my beast.

thanks in advance

1 - 13 of 13 Posts