Ford Forums banner

Mondeo 2007 mk4. Entire dashboard won’t turn on

877 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  R.S.LOGAN 
#1 ·
I was working on my Ford Mondeo 2007 Mk4 station wagon auto, I had the positive terminal unplugged with the keys sitting on the off position in the ignition “0” (which means the key wasn’t turned in any way so the car wasn’t getting any power from what I can tell) I was doing a dry clean and was planning to do a wet clean. I went to put the positive terminal back on when it discharged a strangely large spark (and I didn’t do anything to the electronics) . I still put the terminal back on and went to start the car and the entire dashboard was dark with no signs of life and the speedo and RPM counter were not moving, I check the F8 fuse under glove box (it’s a right hand) F8 is for the dashboard from what I’ve been searching and the fuse is healthy as I had a device to check it at the time. What is the issue??? The dash has done this once before but a couple years ago.

(quick edit the radio/audio works fine along with lights, indicators, headlights and wipers ect)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.