Ford Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
my heater control doesn't work. It is stuck on the windscreen setting. I cannot get it to direct the heat to my feet or the dash vents. I have just changed the matrix and i might have disturbed something. The control seems to work on a vacuum effect. There is no pressure or suction on the little pipes. The flaps are ok. Is there any way to get the vacuum back or is it a trip to Fords. Please help. Thanks

·
Administrator
5,170 Posts
Hi sidyal and welcome.I'm afraid I have no answer for this as there are a number of vacum hoses to check and the vent flap as as well could be the prob.Unless someone else here has got a direct answer for you then it mite be a trip to Ford .Just check all the vacum hoses that you can get access to and make sure there are none kinked or not connected.Has anyone else out there got some ideas for this.

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply. It's done. The vents are controlled through tubes and is powered by a pipe that comes from the servo. A pipe that goes through the bulkhead to the servo had come adrift when I changed the matrix. I had been having heater problems and had flushed the matrix with all sorts of stuff and also compressed air. I was told that if radweld or other leak repair solutions are used then they can coat the vanes in the matrix, restricting the heat transfered to the air. I changed the matrix and bingo! lots of lovely hot air.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts