Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Australian EB Fairmont Ghia Member
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what are everyones thoughts on Monroe Sensatracs?
Personally i think theyre crap.... i usually use Pedders.

·
EB Fairmont Owner
191 Posts
I have heard a few good things about Senstracs forom various people - but I prefer Pedders gear as well - the sportsryder shocks and springs have sure transformed my car's handling!

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Ditto monroe and some people don't like the pedders either.

I have the springs in mine and the rear end needs some attention to get the grip levels back on rough roads. On a race track type surface no problems but on anything else !!!!!!!!!!!!

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
Yeah i think the sensatrac is tuned or comfort more than sports handling.

eb_5litre,

If you are after something that will make the wagon handle go for the nitrogen shock in the range. I heard the Monroe GT Gas are pretty good or go for the one i use the Pedders Sports Rider, i'll have to give you the product code when i dig the specs up. Also the cool thing is it lowers the car by an inch without spring change. :D
Remember about Pedders gear, get someone else to fit them.

·
Australian EB Fairmont Ghia Member
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i'll definately go the Pedders... i had the sports ryders in my XF with a 27mm Selby swaybar and it handled awsome.

·
Ford Member
1,156 Posts
As far as I know the Sensor track is sort of a half way, its soft at first to take the little bumps, but gets firmer.. I don't know what it does for handling.

I have the GT gas and they work well enough, but could be firmer. But it depends on your car and your springs your tyres/wheels and your personal comfort.

If you had 17" wheels then the GT would proberly be about right before fillings started to shake out.

I have heard pedders have some good quality stuff, If you know what your getting and if you get it installed properly.

Whiteline was another place recomended to me.

·
Australian Ford Member
1,120 Posts
I put rear Sensatracks on my XF when they first came out (maybe five - six years ago?) and thought they were good, so I put them on the front as well. Then I pulled the whole lot off a month later.

Different rates on four corners at same time was not great even in normal driving .e.g. left wheels on unmade edge and right on bitumen was worse than normal shocks with both sides going at different rates and both lefts going at different rates to each other as well, and same when on bumpy roads both made and unmade. Car felt unsettled and I didn't like it and wouldn't have been happy to belt it or get into trouble on anything except smooth bitumen. Were actually less comfortable than other shocks, at least for a driver who was aware what the car was doing.

Went back to gas sports shocks and a lot happier.

Maybe the Sensatracks have improved since I tried them, but I'll stick with gas sports.

·
Not Fast Enough, Dammit!
302 Posts
I cant really comment on the monroe, but I have pedders all round.
Sports Ryder up front, Comfort Gas on the back, and Sports Ryder springs all round.
And i'm as happy as larry.

·
Two SC 61's = trouble
6,360 Posts
I have owned my car since new.I feel the Pedders are softer[bump esp] than original.Koni only way to [email protected] pressent Koni front/pedders rear works about right.Cuts price down too.

·
Shh i'm huntin more power
1,764 Posts
axle hop

I know i shouldn't be but, everytime (which isn't very often, i value my tyres) i get the slightest wheel spin i get pretty severe axle hop. Wet or dry it doesn't matter. This made me come to the conclusion that something ain't right. I've checked out all the trailing arm bushes and they seem ok. I want to get full set of koni's, do you think that this will fix it?? I'm not in a rush to get it done, exhaust comes first, just wondering if thats my problem??

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
I am going to go back to Koni or a set ok Penski:D

Axle tram. Jase have you modified the rear set up at all yet?

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
I had Konis in the front of my EB and one of them **** itself after about a year. I never drive on rough roads and always look after the car. I lost the receipt so I couldn't claim any warranty. It was going to cost nearly as much to rebuild the shocks (might as well do both) as it was to buy a new pair. Here's where I get conflicting stories. The suspension guy that I went to after being jerked around by Pedders (see other thread) said that Konis weren't really suited to the EB, too heavy duty. He reckoned I would be better off with Bilsteins. Another suspension place (that sells Koni but not Bilstein) reckoned Konis were better! It's hard to know who's telling the truth. I ended up buying the Bilsteins and am very happy with them.
Konis are an oil shock, adjustable and rebuildable whereas Bilsteins are gas, non-adjustable and non-rebuildable.
Konis can be purchased from www.proven.com.au and Bilstein from http://www.quadrantsuspensions.com.au/.

·
Registered
3,544 Posts

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Part 2

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Part 3

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Part 4 (final)

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
On the subject of Monroe

Monroe is reaping the rewards of participating in the industry’s premier rewards program – Australian AutoPartners.

Barcodes from Monroe shock absorber packaging and other related products have been flooding in, indicating a high level of support from many AutoPartners members.

Phil Mason, Tenneco Automotive’s Director of Aftermarket Sales and Marketing, said the results from Monroe’s initial 6-months in the program had been “very encouraging”.

“Although we are clearly already the number one shock absorber brand in Australia, we are always looking for ways to innovatively build our relationship with the trade,” said Phil.

“The AutoPartners program is a win-win scenario for us. It provides the trade with another tangible reward for buying Monroe, whilst adding another aspect to our marketing drive.”

Since joining the AutoPartners program, the number of members with Monroe points has grown substantially. Currently over 1,256 AutoPartners members already have Monroe points – a figure expected to continue to rise with the introduction of a number of special offers from Monroe over the coming months.

According to Michael Hillyard of Midas Glenelg, South Australia’s highest collector of points from Monroe, the AutoPartners program differed from other rewards programs by also offering incentives to the mechanic rather than only to the shop they work for.

“Monroe’s participation in this program is valuable for the industry. We sell a lot of Monroe product, but the opportunity for mechanics to earn additional rewards from Monroe sales makes the system a whole lot sweeter,” said Michael.

“We’re encouraged to quote and recommend Monroe products that offer us points to redeem on a range of great items. I’ve received a brand new fishing rod and a pair of binoculars from this program and I already have my eye on a couple of other items.”

Throughout August, Monroe is offering Double Points on Monroe Magic Camber, the kit that can be used to solve camber problems on the majority of Australian cars.

The kits are easy to fit and easy to adjust – and now make it even easier to earn points with Monroe with every Magic Camber kit barcode returned during August now worth 30 points throughout August.

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Jase_ELXR8 said:
HSE2

Nah, it's all stock. Hasn't been touched at all.
Sounds like a bit of a mis match with the springs and dampers but if it is stock I don't really know. I can't say I have seen this problem with the ELs I have driven, maybe someone that owns one might be able to say something different.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts