Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Mmmm, forbidden donut
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Forget the limited edition XR8! Bring on the AU2 Moonraker! ;)

·
Mmmm, forbidden donut
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How bout this one..

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
How tacky can ya get :eek::eek:
I wonder where that car is now? Hidden in some guys garage or did it go to the scrapper?

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
Martin said:
How tacky can ya get :eek::eek:
I wonder where that car is now? Hidden in some guys garage or did it go to the scrapper?
Hopefully it went to the scrapper... :eek:

·
Registered
499 Posts
Guess we can add the Moonraker one to the "seemed like a good idea at the time" file

·
Ford Member
1,156 Posts
Hey atleast they are unique.

Besides I would say that these oddities wouldn't cost a fortune to make. Pic a slower selling model and give it a make over.

Possibilities:
Tomb Radier Falcon
AUII with higher clearance, more engine, painted landrover green

Fast and the Falcon
AUII with enormous wing and VTEC stickers

Oh the possibilities!

·
Australian Ford Member
23 Posts
Hi,

Thought you might be interested in the background on the two XD's mentioned in this thread.

The Moonraker was designed in the Ford Australia Design Centre by - you guessed it, an American. His name is Herb Grasse (believe it or not) who worked in the FOA Design Studio for a number of years. It was for the promotion of the James Bond movie in Australia.

The Phase 5 was designed by me in 1979 as a prototype for the Group C Race Car. Murray Carter got the first one (blue, red and yellow) and Dick Johnson got the second. It was homolgated by yours truly at CAMS just in time for the 1980 Bathurst. You are right, there were only a few built for the street. If there's anything else you'd like to know about the HO Phase cars - or any other Ford's I've done, check out my website next week. www.gruppea.com.au - or just yell!

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
Farout the wheels are nothin special and the grill is abit crappy.

·
Australian Ford Member
23 Posts
phase 4 5 6 7 8 9

ALL OF THESE WERE DESIGNS BY ME WHILE AT FORD . FORD DID NOT PRODUCE THEM SO 5678&9 PHASES WERE BUILT BY ME TO RELIEVE MY FRUSTRATION AND PUSH THEM INTO DOING SOMETHING//????? next week IWILL TRY PUTTING SOME PHOTOS ON MY WEB SITE UNDER THE HEADING OF HO HISTORY...WAYNE

·
Australian BA XR6 Falcon
1,249 Posts
Wayne Draper said:
Hi,

The Phase 5 was designed by me in 1979 as a prototype for the Group C Race Car. Murray Carter got the first one (blue, red and yellow) and Dick Johnson got the second. It was homolgated by yours truly at CAMS just in time for the 1980 Bathurst. You are right, there were only a few built for the street.
If i'm not mistaken, Murray Carter homologated the XD and on top of that homologated the weight of the 6 cylinder version.

Gary Wilmington was the first to race an XD (and im sure it had parts of the Phase 5 body kit), the car was silver and unsponsored iirc.
Carter followed shortly after in the Brian Wood XD and Johnson did a deal with Bryan Byrt Ford to buy the old XC running gear, an ex Police XD and swapped the running gear of both cars, DJ had to make the XC into a road car so BB Ford could sell it!!
Oh yes, this car was built well after Willmingtons and Carters.

Was the XD homolgated and then the Phase 5 kit homologated seperatly Wayne?

Kieron

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
Aussie Falcon said:
Wayne I like the AU bodykits on your site. First time I've seen this one:
Is it possible to post some larger and clearer images?
WOW!!!.. That's a neato looking front kit!! Good stuff wayne.. :D

1 - 20 of 40 Posts