Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A little bit in todays paper (and no pete it aint worth scanning) seems to suggest the demand from both the public and some dealers will see the project go ahead. AEC want to sell them through Ford dealerships and are yet to discuss this with Ford. They have 10 orders for the coupe from WA alone.
Seems it may happen around the same time as the new AV model Falcon come online in 2002

·
gone
10,402 Posts
Ian

10 Orders will not get this car of the ground mate, nor will it be enough to get the dust blown off the blue print that have been shelved!

1000 orders may be worth the effort!

Even another 145 preordered mustangs wont get Ford moving in the states!

·
The Third Power
1,332 Posts
I see they had an ad in Motor as well, talked about a Aussie supercar, had a pic of a mazda I think :0

Not much info on the site though which is a pity

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
laminge said:
Ian

10 Orders will not get this car of the ground mate, nor will it be enough to get the dust blown off the blue print that have been shelved!

1000 orders may be worth the effort!

Even another 145 preordered mustangs wont get Ford moving in the states!
Personally I don't care for coupes so it doesn't really bother me at all. Having said that I have my eye on the new M3;)

10 orders probably is enough when you consider what they are trying to do. As far as AEC are concerned this is about the sprintex supercharger and in getting the car companies to see that this is a safe reliable system. The coupe is window dressing.
Doesn't even have to be Ford that takes up the chance to use the supercharger in the future, but the modular 4.6 was used for a very good reason;) They seem to prefer the Ford product but I think the main reason is that Holden are already there, if you know what I mean.
I suspect that this sort of development involves product planning of car in the US market.

ACCORDING TO THE ARTICLE They seem to think they have enough interest to proceed with the project inside a Ford coupe design. I don't know much about this company but the article used an example of a small project involving a natural gas conversion for Renault of 10 buses that now see's a contract for 350 being negotiated.

This company seems to be switched on and are bigger than I thought. The project is owned by two companies and does not rely on Fords support or funding.

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I suppose if AEC gets their way, that might be the aim a bit further down the track. Reading between the lines, getting Australian manufactures (read Ford) to accept this type of blower is causing them some problems :(

·
Future XR Owner
2,245 Posts
There is a detailed article that I'm chasing up, I don't know if it was the one in wheels mag a couple of months ago though, but its worth a read. AEC are definitely gonna release this thing, with or without Ford. Here are some photos of the 300+ at the WA launch..

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes Jem That is how the project seems to be heading. AEC would love Fords help with distribution through dealerships, but if not, so what.
Ford is rightly concerned with the upcoming new models but surely a network of support shouldn't be a huge problem.

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
I'd realy like some bastard to take the thing for a drive so us buggers know how the frigga runs!!.. It might have 310kw, but I haven't seen anyone use them yet...
Hello Wheels, Motor or Car News??... :eek:

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That is a very good point FM. I guess it must be AEC stopping that from happening as I can't imagine the mags wouldn't want to have a go in it.:D

BTW FM you have a very interesting selection of posting smilies to your posts

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
HSE2 said:
BTW FM you have a very interesting selection of posting smilies to your posts
Too many to choose from!!.. I normally pick the wrong one for what I'm trying to say.. :rolleyes: :nuts:

·
Australian TE50 AU1 Member
194 Posts
I notice in this months Motor, a reader asking the same question as Fordman re testing the 300kw+. The editors reply was, technical problems cut short their test drive but they hope to drive the car soon. So I guess we have to be patient, though I would imagine somebody out there knows what the car drives like, if your'e out there, please let us know!!!!

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well that sounds like a test will happen sooner or later, so that has to be a positive. I hope it is sooner rather than later!

·
Future XR Owner
2,245 Posts
TeeHee said:
I notice in this months Motor, a reader asking the same question as Fordman re testing the 300kw+. The editors reply was, technical problems cut short their test drive but they hope to drive the car soon. So I guess we have to be patient, though I would imagine somebody out there knows what the car drives like, if your'e out there, please let us know!!!!
I don't think they were talking about the AEC 300+ car. They were talking about a 300kW Fairmont based car out of Queensland.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts