10,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Re: More bad news for Holden

MadMax said:
There is going to be one hell of a bang when Holden falls........
It's a long shot, but lets hope the union closes all Holdens plants so that folks have no choice but to go and buy a brand spanking new Ford Falcon.. :D

·
ST170ish
610 Posts
Any u guys ever dealt with a EB agreement before?Get the vas out or its going to hurt.....as Peter Garret once said "the company takes what the company wants"

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
rolfy72 said:
Any u guys ever dealt with a EB agreement before?Get the vas out or its going to hurt.....as Peter Garret once said "the company takes what the company wants"
Not all the time mate. We're having a win with ours ATM. The Company (or in our case the company and the government) doesn't always get what it wants.. :D

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
I have sat on both sides of the fence at times. I have been a union delegate for the AWU and still are involved in a minnor capacity. I also sit on the company side form time to time. Some of the things you see and hear are so stupid you just shake your head. I was very interested to see Ford stance on unions! Bit surprised actually.

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
HSE2 said:
Some of the things you see and hear are so stupid you just shake your head
I know what you mean Ian.. I'm in the same position here. I'm very close to both sides of the argument, and I have to say the majority of it from both sides is just dribble. It surprises me how there's an agreement reached! You honestly feel like smacking both sides over the back of the head and telling 'em to pull there heads in..

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Dunno mate?? Last I read on news.com.au it may spill over and affect Ford and Mitsu as well.. Dunno why though??

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Ford Man said:
Dunno mate?? Last I read on news.com.au it may spill over and affect Ford and Mitsu as well.. Dunno why though??
I suspect they are all in the one union aren't they?

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
HSE2 said:
I suspect they are all in the one union aren't they?
Yeah.. they're all in the Auto division of the AMWU I think?? Although if it's Holdens EBA why should it affect Ford and Mitsu?? Drugs I guess.. :confused:

·
In a blue Galaxy
5,716 Posts
yep holden have ran out of stock of something i ddint quite get to hear it al. But holden have to cease production of things and thier employers will unvolutarily have holidays and still get payed. Lucky Bastards, but unlucky at the same time they work for Holden. just kidding;)

·
86 Posts
Their are in fact two issues here.Holden lost time over their EBA negotiations.At the same time the company which makes steering gear for us all is being effected by strike action.We will all run out at sometime this week,it varies according to how much stock you were carrying before they went out.In our case we can get thru most of Thursday,then we are in trouble.We will look at working with the union to reschdule a non production day to Friday so we can refill the pipline.

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That's a bit of a bummer then Geoff. Being given the run around by a supplier can cause some major headaches in our business let alone a business the size of Ford Oz.. For what it's worth we all hope things work out ok for you guys...

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Just heard on the news on Triple J that workers at Monroe in SA have walked off the job too.. Must be a pr!ck of a time to be an auto manager at the moment!!..

1 - 20 of 20 Posts