1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Administrator
4,983 Posts
Good tho as it backs up everything we have been seeing in other reports re 5.4 etc.The turbo 6 sounds good but look at the increase in cubes that mite happen at holden.I still hope there is room to up the modular cubes later on or sooner.Cubes rules.

·
Ford Member
1,054 Posts
Cubes is deffinatly the way to go. Id love a 5.8 or 6.0 moddular. A 230 kw turbo 6 sounds good even if its a sohc. Im beating there will be an XR6 version and a Predator {entry FTE} version atleast.
Also surely Fords not waiting untill 2005 to bring the 5 auto that Holden will get with the VY and Misubishi and Hyndai already have.

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Give me the power of a 400ci small block with the fuel economy of a 4.0 any day. I think this 5.4 (or the new 5.0) is going to be the baby that hits Holden hard.
OK, HSV might get the 400ci for the GTS and maybe a limited run R8 or something, but if Ford has the 5.4 in various output levels, the highest (320kw GT) being able to match or better the 400ci GTS, I'll take the 5.4 thanks...
Technology is going to be most important addition to these new engines. More power for less cubes is the current trend... and you need the technology to achieve that...

We have the technology, we just need it here, now... 'cause we ain't got ignition until we got the power... :evil2:

·
Administrator
4,983 Posts
Call me greedy but all that technology plus the extra cubes still sounds good.The 4.6 modular is great ,no denying that ,but the extra cubes in the 5.4 for the Falcon is better and of course 5.8 or 6.0 is wahooo.

·
Shhh, we're hunting Lions
1,610 Posts
Would the 5.0 be the new motor that is going to go into the next Mustang. I think I read that it will produce 350hp out of the box. :evil:

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Big Block Ford said:
Call me greedy but all that technology plus the extra cubes still sounds good.... and of course 5.8 or 6.0 is wahooo.
That gets a big yes from me too... I'm just a tight prick who doesn't like paying for juice!!... :CraZ:

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Adam W said:
Would the 5.0 be the new motor that is going to go into the next Mustang. I think I read that it will produce 350hp out of the box. :evil:
That's the hot rumour for the Cobra anyway. I'm assuming the 4.6 will stay for the GT 'stang and the new 5.4 in the limited release Cobra R...

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Using the ls1 as a guide, in standard trim the fuel consuption is not too bad. Ok they might be over geared but that is the whole point of a gearbox anyway and it the trade off is better economy when you want it then that can only be good in my book. My only concern about the possible purchase of a brand new motor is that history tells us that very rarely do manufactures get these things right first go and I don't particlarly like my cars used as test beds

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
That's the hot rumour for the Cobra anyway. I'm assuming the 4.6 will stay for the GT 'stang and the new 5.4 in the limited release Cobra R...

Part of Aust decision to go with the 5.4 is that the 4.6 has not been given long to run or that is the story that I have been told. The displacement of the motors are on the way up and in some cases even the use of quad cams seem to be on the outer. As it stands the 5.0 is set to be the flag ship motor BUT there is also said to be a top secret motor still in the pipe line

:gok:

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Makes you wonder what the dispacement would be on the newbie. They've already got the 5.0 and 5.4 covered, don't tell me they're going to do a small block too... :CraZ:

Before you say anything HSE, I know the one you're talking about... :mmm:

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
I know from the Bon report the 5.0 was going to be the best thing since sliced bread with Technology high on the list. Can't wait:cool:

·
Formerly J-type
1,629 Posts
OK this is the thing, in the article they say something about the 300+ using the AV's headlamps, OK now will some tell me if the 300+ is to have a design change in the headlamp area to incorperate the AV's headlamps (if the project goes ahead).

OR does the 300+ show car already have the AV headlamps incorperated?

Because if so going by the latter, the AV will retain those horrible triangle headlamps!????????
:gok:

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Car news reports a similar story,but they have Geoff quoted as saying the project is dead as far as bodies being prepared by Ford are concerned. The reason given is that Ford have too much on their plate with the 2002 and 2005 model Falcons. Did not rule out some work on the production line to help out but that would be it. From AEC position they are after a contract for engine supplies using their supercharger work. The fact Tickford appears to be working on their OWN turbo is working against AEC and for their part they are already talking to Toyota.

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I noticed in the last paragraph that millard were wanting access to Fords super computers. You've got to be kidding! Why would Ford want to let something like that out of the woodwork?

I personally can't see the 300+ getting off the ground in coupe form anyway. Maybe whack the engine into a four-door and see what happens...

·
Ford Europe Wannabe
754 Posts
those headlights, according to the article, are those for the AV Falcon.

It is interesting to note that it is because of ford's poor decision making in the 80's and 90's that we are now previved of the product we now need to jump start our image again- Ford are too bust stressing over the AV that they have no resources to give the program what it needs. I am sure ford would love the 300+ in production, however, you wonder just how hard ford management tried, and how holden would have gone about this if in the same situation

Anyway i am sure some good will come out of the 300+, perhaps the engine in another product? at least we can see the AV headlights (which i like, but some do not)

·
Ford Europe Wannabe
754 Posts
i have heard very reliably that "DOHC was going to be across the range"

so this would mean a TurboDOHC.

ssssssswwwwwwwwwwwwwwweeeeeeeeeeetttttttttttttttaaaaaaaaaaaa

1 - 20 of 24 Posts