Ford Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I've been reading this forum for a while now and have read all the discussions on performance mods and no one has ever mentioned NOS. I just got my EL2XR8 5 speed back from the NOS doctor! I know the legalities of it all but F%*! ME does it hoot! 265 HP at the rear wheels with the flick of a switch! Has anyone else ever considered this option?

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
WHOAH!! NICE!!! :)

Have considered it, but like you mentioned the legalities worry me a bit. Also, I reckon that I'd find it so good I'd use it a bit too much and destroy a few things prematurely :)

Got some pics mate? Are you around Sydney, cause I'd love to see you bring it along on a run!

Cheers
Mike

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Guys,
Just what are the legalities of NOS. I've seen it advertised on the web and I have thought about it too. Chewie, how long did it take to install, and how much did it cost, if you don't mind me asking?

Cheers

Steve

·
HORSE POWER FACTORY
257 Posts
Yep l'm NOS in mine but l'll be doing the wet system cause its Blown.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey blown au.... is there anything your car doesnt have? I mean blown nitrous, what else. Is it a drag car?

·
HORSE POWER FACTORY
257 Posts
Whats wrong tickford_xr8 u jeallous r u or is it that u got out the wrong side of the bed. OR do ya want to bring it on and run for slips maybe that will SHUT u up?

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry guys I live in sunny QLD. The kit took 2 days including dyno time and testing ;-).
About $2000 will get you an adjustable kit fully installed. The kit can be tuned up or down (anywhere from 50hp to 130hp for a single nozzle kit) depending on engine mods. In QLD things are pretty tight as far as the law goes, but what they can't find can't get us in trouble. To give you an idea of performance 1st gear is bloody useless (tooooooooooo much wheel spin), 2nd gives more wheel spin, 3rd will spin till 130kays if you let it and the rest is just FUN! My car hasn't been modified in any other way but I will be getting a much bigger exhaust and improving the intake system which should be good for at least 40hp more, keep you posted.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Blown AU - I think he was complimenting your car mate! :)

·
HORSE POWER FACTORY
257 Posts
You call that a compliment????

1 - 9 of 9 Posts