Ford Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well once again the turbo mops the SS and XR8. hopefully this is will further help to end the argument of whether a 6T ute is better than an XR8. although it is a shame that Ford need to use forced induction to beat a crummidore ute haha. i was dissapointed that this review was so vague....it would have been better if they did it a bit more professionally. damn the weight of the XR8 utes!!! (not tryin to s*#t stir any xr8 ute owners out there!!)

·
Registered
670 Posts
I agree completely. except i call them commonwhores!!!

They all need a diet esp the 8's

·
APS Phase 3 Ute
262 Posts
Notice how the guy also said the SS was the fastest on test but the T beat it at every marker except the 0-130! Pretty ordinary read I thought.

·
RIP Sox.....
2,580 Posts
Venom XR Turbo said:
well once again the turbo mops the SS andXR8.
Nothing new, it's always beaten the XR8.
hopefully this is will further help to end the argument of whether a 6T ute is better than an XR8.
It's pretty unlikely, you'll always get your die hard V8 guys waffling about how they blew away a XR6T who was alseep.:angel:
Seriously though, the XR6T is not better, it's just different, and happens to be a little quicker in standing start runs. Personally, I'd have either in a heart beat.
although it is a shame that Ford need to use forced induction to beat a crummidore ute haha.
Look at it this way, it's also 1.7L smaller in capacity, and the huffer has only 5lbs of boost.
i was dissapointed that this review was so vague....it would have been better if they did it a bit more professionally.
They are all just adverts these days........

Rick.

·
X-DM!!
1,114 Posts
100% said:
Notice how the guy also said the SS was the fastest on test but the T beat it at every marker except the 0-130! Pretty ordinary read I thought.
Ordinary read to say the least, we all know the T is the fastest out of the 3 but the way it was written was a joke. Writing in the 1st person sounding like some sort of outback hillbilly is a insult to any one who lives out in the bush. I have spent most of my working life in country NSW areas and my father has owned 2 farms.
I have worked with and met hundreds of blokes over those years and there was only one person that spoke remotely like that clown who wrote that article and he was a true die hard bushy who spent most of his life fencing and droving (69yrs old). Not some so called journalist pretending to sound like someone he isn't. The only ones that would think that would be funny would be his drop out Uni mates he works with.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Personally I have know idea how that tested the cars .But if I seen those figures before i bought my ute i would have might as well bought a HIlux
But really .My standard XR8 ute has done 14.4 at 100.99 on a 38 degree day and all a XR6T could pull was a 15.1.
But its all marketing because Ford has always wanted to push the 6`s more than the 8`s.All started from the XE deletion of the V8.
All you have to do is ask a few of the XR8 owners if they have lost in a drag against the turb`s

·
Only a V8 Ute Will Do
203 Posts
100% said:
Notice how the guy also said the SS was the fastest on test but the T beat it at every marker except the 0-130!
Thats one comment I certainly did pick up on. They can't even read their own writing. I just don't understand why the utes weigh so much?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts