Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A copy of my correspondence to Motor magazine after they basically told me to put up after telling Ford to get on with the product thing:

NOT FOR PUBLISHING
Re my letter which you published in the June 2001 issue.

I note that Ford must have listened to my letter because very shortly after I see we get the bodykit and a welcome boost of 20kW for the XR8.

SO, please find attached a statement to prove I wasn't joking in my frustration. They showed faith so I'm there with the business (two days later).

After this I attached a scanned copy of the purchase contract. AND I get to drive the TE50 for a day..... Sometimes winning is nice
;)

·
Bring Back the 24hr!!!
5,809 Posts
Heh, there's no telling what they'll do with that smartass, lets hope it doesn't come back to bite you in the ass! :D

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
HSE2 said:
They will do and say nothing. That is motors style:cool:
Not wrong HSE. They'll pull this piss on anyone they can, but when someone gets them good they don't have the courage tp print it.. :rolleyes:

·
7,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I didn't want it published which is why it has that statement at the top.

BTW; who wishes they'd bring back the cheaper subscription rates and piss off that good for nothing Motor Club. I'll be damned if I didn't get anything out of it other than a useless keyring.... :thumbdown

·
Bring Back the 24hr!!!
5,809 Posts
Yeah but when you subscribed under the club you were protected from any future price rises in subscriptions that may occur.
Unless they changed that without telling anyone :fmad:

·
Shhh, we're hunting Lions
1,610 Posts
So whenever we want ford to pull the finger out and do something we know who to call on, Pete.

Aussie Pete how about writing to Motor and saying we want an XR8 with 350 KW, Aluminium Body, 400mm Brakes 6 piston calipers, 6 speed manual all for $20,000.:wink2:

·
7,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Adam W said:
So whenever we want ford to pull the finger out and do something we know who to call on, Pete.

Aussie Pete how about writing to Motor and saying we want an XR8 with 350 KW, Aluminium Body, 400mm Brakes 6 piston calipers, 6 speed manual all for $20,000.:wink2:
There's a problem with that. I asked for a few things and got about half delivered. Using your idea a letter from me would get 175kW, 200mm brakes, 3 speed manual, and it would cost $40,000 (assuming the price reduction is halved sort of thing) :wink2: :D :p

·
Bring Back the 24hr!!!
5,809 Posts
Hey Pete, did they whole of your letter get published in it's entirity or did they cut 1/2 of it out like the did with mine?

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
Adam W said:
Where do I sign??... :eek: Does the dealer accept Visa??... :confused:

·
7,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
DONUT KING said:
Hey Pete, did they whole of your letter get published in it's entirity or did they cut 1/2 of it out like the did with mine?
No it's pretty much all there. Some very slight changes. Just a hint - when you write a letter to these mags keep it as short as possible. Then come back to it and cut it back again. They want short and sweet. Think five 'P's when writing.

·
Bring Back the 24hr!!!
5,809 Posts
Aussie Pete said:

No it's pretty much all there. Some very slight changes. Just a hint - when you write a letter to these mags keep it as short as possible. Then come back to it and cut it back again. They want short and sweet. Think five 'P's when writing.
The bastards cut out the main point I made right in the middle though :fmad:

·
7,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ford Man said:

Which are???..:confused:
Five 'P's are:

Present situation (describe and define)
Problems (list and define)
Possibilities
Proposal (to say where you want to go)
Point the way (to further action)

These got me through uni and I used this for my students when tutoring. Works A1! Even use it today.

·
7,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
priteshpatel99 said:
Aussie Pete, I can't remember, are you a man or a chick?!
:?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :D :)
More of a man than you will ever be little boy... :WH: :D :CraZ:

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
Sorry, pete.

I did'nt mean it like that, I just forgot is all:)
And trust me, I'm more man than you'd think!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :) :D :D :D :gok:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
About this Discussion
24 Replies
8 Participants
THE DOCTOR
Ford Forums
Ford Forum is a community to discuss all things Ford. Check out our discussions on the Ford Escape, Mustang, Edge, F-150, Raptor, Explorer, Focus, Fusion, Fiesta and more!
Full Forum Listing