Ford Forums banner

Mustang blower for a Crown Vic

1K views 10 replies 3 participants last post by  steven.livingston 
#1 ·
So, let's run this up the ol' flagpole and see if anybody salutes: i have an '09 P71 Crown Vic and I went down the EBay rabbit hole looking at Mustang superchargers that might fit that trusty 4.6 2v. What am I looking for? What do I need to make it happen, Cap'n? What kind of headaches am I letting myself in for? I'd be happy with 300WHP on this thing.

#2 ·
Check Torque Tech for an Eaton type blower or Paxton-McCullough for a centrifugal "blow through" type. This is NOT a bolt on project. Getting the fuel curve right requires a lot of dyno time. Bring a lot of money. This mod will probably cost more than you spent on the entire car. "Speed costs, how fast do you want to go"?

#7 ·
Honest or not, it was not especially relevant to the questions I was asking; and yes, it was condescending. And just so we're clear here: You've never used EBay parts on a car before? You've never tried to do something that conforms, out of necessity, to a budget that didn't allow you to go with the very best the industry has to offer? You seem to have taken it upon yourself to start a squabble over nothing. And then, you double down with the condescension yourself. Is this how you choose to flex your juice if somebody doesn't agree with you?

#8 ·
I am only trying to look after our members who contribute good help and advice by answering and helping on here . I respect your point about budget , but if you do it on the " cheap " you will probably end up with a headache and no decent return / results for your money or worse . As for " Is this how you choose to flex your juice if somebody doesn't agree with you? " I haven't till now disagreed or answered your OP , so forget that b/s

#9 ·
Boy, you sure seem to get prickly when somebody calls you out for your attitude. If you were really trying to "look out for your members.." or whatever it is you're calling it, you wouldn't be so quick to belittle them when they roll up with legitimate enquiries about their rides and how they can, yes, cheaply repair/improve them. We all want to get things done without leaving money on the table because it's, y'know, hard to come by and stuff.
Thought that was a principle reason this forum exists.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.