Ford Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
In a blue Galaxy
5,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know theres been threads about this car for a while but my question is a little different. I wrote an email to motor asking them to do an article on the PHR mustang and sure enough I got a reply from the editor telling me it will be in December or January. On the track the thing flies, but would it be any different in road trim? Noticeable differences ive seen from pics of it at procar.com.au have been no side exhaust, this i think due to ADR reqirements and it also did not seem to have the Harrop brakes! The price of it is supposed to be around 120k so how do you all think it would compare to stuff such as m3 and evo 6 when Motor and maybe Wheels get thier hands on it?

·
Future XR Owner
2,245 Posts
One this is forsure, for about $120,000 it better be bloody fast and have build quality that is 10X better than the 80,000 dollar version. I went to some yards over the weekend and had a look at some T-SERIES and Mustangs, the Mustangs sure are nice to look at, but get too close and you can see how shonky the build quality is.

·
Banned
5,809 Posts
For it to qualify to race, the production version has to be very close to the racing version, as all that can be done for the race version is small changed to exhaust/brakes/suspension....
So I will say that the production version will fly as well

·
In a blue Galaxy
5,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ahh thats good. The thing definatly has it in the looks compartment, but it has to be exceptional to be in the same league as m3 and evo 6. If its very close to the GTP version then I think we got us a winner!:s3

·
EL Fairmont Ghia Member
190 Posts
Lets hope they (Ford) lower the thing so you cant fit a keg under each wheel arch and put some hoops on that look big or ok on the car, rather than too small. Also please, beat the HSV GTS on the 400mtrs...........

VilkasMaximus 32803

·
Read Only
1,395 Posts
As much as I love seeing the Mussy munch the GTS in the GTP series, and that I believe they are a most desirable car, I would still love to see a Falcon in it's place with that sort of HP.
We all associate more with the Falcon series and seeing one of these dominating the GTP would be more satisfying.:s3
...until of course, Procar put a hefty rev limit on it and weigh it down.:angry:
Russell.

·
Shhh, we're hunting Lions
1,610 Posts
Surely the Mustang RA would atleast have the new 4 piston brake setup off the T3, hopefully it doesn't have the same brakes as the stock Cobra.

It will be interesting to see if anyone campaigns a new T series in the GTP series next year, or what about the 250kw Pursuit utes in the V8 BRutes catergory.:thup:

·
In a blue Galaxy
5,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Rastus: Theres room for both Mustang and Falcon GT, and even cosworth Focus. The John Bowe's Cobra RA has Harrop Brakes, I'm not sure if they are as good as the optional brembo brakes on the t3 but the brakes BETTER not be the standard Mustang brakes. As JEM said, for 120k it better 10x as goos in all departments.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts