Ford Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
In Too Deep...
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,
I was wondering if there was something wrong with the 99' Mustangs... Someone just told me that there was a "fix" for them. Does anyone know what the problem was?? :eek:o1:

·
In Too Deep...
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I just found a page about problems with 99 Cobra's. They said on some they had vibration between 68-85 m.p.h. and others had lack of engine performance. That shouldn't be a GD problem considering the money people are throwing away to get these vehicles... :p

I was just wanting to know if it was a problem with SOME of them or MOST of them. I am looking at a black 99' Cobra now and I will just forget I ever saw it if there is more than likely gonna be a problem with it.

We took it for a test drive and it seemed fine... It got up to speed VERY well... :s2:

·
Multi Car Owner
927 Posts
Hummm, would go with a 93 Cobra, can you say COLLECTABLE!!!!!!! Teal model at that!

·
In Too Deep...
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't like the older models...

G

·
From another forum

This is part of it... I asked in another forum about it.

"That's the '99 Cobra fix you're talking about. Their advertized HP was a lot higher than actual due to the wrong parts that were installed I belive. So, Ford issued a recall on all 99 Cobras and replaced the parts for free. Not sure which parts. I think that's the fix you're talking about."

Your local Ford dealer should be able to tell you if the Cobra has had it done or not....

·
In Too Deep...
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Drag racing

Hey,
I'm not really planning on drag racing, but I heard that the GT's were better because of something to do with the rear axle. Do you think I should just get a GT and supercharge it??

The only thing is... I like the look and sound of the Cobra Soooooo much more...

G

·
My friend, if you can get that Cobra for the price you stated in your other post, GO FOR IT! I don't think you can go wrong with a Cobra. Had I the flow....:s6:

There seems to be a lot more mod possiblity with the GT, but like you said, you're not out to drag race. Of course, I could be WAY off base with Cobra mods. Not owning one, I've never looked into it.

·
In Too Deep...
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If my dad agrees to drive me to work on some days of the week until I get my drivers license... I can work up some money and save it... Then pay my monthly insurance, and then when I get my license I can save half of the money I make to put towards my insurance... The other half would go for gas and other crap. I will start off with a easy job, like Buy Low or something. Then when I get my license I will try to get a better paying job somewhere.

G

·
More Info on "the fix"

The fix consisted of:
1) A new intake manifold
2) New mufflers
3) Computer reflash

Thanks to TimsRed99 of BON for that one.

·
In Too Deep...
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thnx

Hey, thanks for that info... I will ask the dealer about it and see if he knows. If he doesn't I will e-mail the previous owner and ask him. :s6:

:p There it is.... OOOhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :hy:

Attachments

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
Nice man.. Geez I wish we could get stang's at a decent price down here. After ADR Compliance and conversion they're $85 large plus on roads.. :eek:o1:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts