Ford Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
GTR ProBe PlaYa/Mod
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently did a swap from atx to mtx but im wondering which one has best gearing whats the ratio etc. Like who has more top end and who is faster 1/4 mile.Cause when i did the swap i did it using 94 mx6 parts

·
Old Skool Member
1,031 Posts
Well, of course the MTX will be faster in the 1/4 mile than the ATX. The gearing on the MX6 is the same as the Probe GT so I don't think there is any difference in the acceleration there comparing the MTX to the MTX.

Basically, they are both identical in terms of performance, although the Probe suspension handles better since the MX6 was not fully tuned for performance.. and more for comfort.

·
Mazda MX6 Member
1 Posts
yes, and the performance gain or loss is very minimal. there's a post somewhere on Probetalk if you wanna know the exact differences.

·
Probe LX Member
20 Posts
yea, they are pretty much the same thing, but PT is being stupid so you can't go there to find any info:BW:

G

·
Could somebody tell why when I look in the engine bay of a ATX Probe. Then look in my engine bay and see that the Probe has more room to work than the MX-6. Also the Probes frontend seems to be a lil longer from the door to the front bumper. Why man why.

·
Mazda MX6 Member
14 Posts
The mazda mx-6 LS is lighter then the probe GT is by about 100-200lbs. So it usually does like .2 better in 1/4mile. Also it is geared lower but only like 1%.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts