Discussion Starter #1
Here it is:

'87 Bronco XLT
351 V8
Freshly rebuilt C6
Kenwood 10-Disc cd changer
Power Everything
31'' Tires

There's more on the way, Suspension lift, Roll bar, Grille guard, winch, soft top, etc.... I am also planning to re-build the engine as soon as winter gets here.

This pic is old, I will have to get some more, but my scanner is messed up so it may be a week or so.

Attachments

·
Bronco Member
40 Posts
This is my "Rust-Bucket" I had rebuilt her, and rust proofed the unit after purchasing her in 1997. The 1986 Bronco XLT has a 5.0 Ltr. Engine, 160 Amp Alternator, (2) Group 49 Batteries, My custom built Power Load Center, and Sony 1000W, 5 Channel Sound System, Communications Center includes Scanner, Weather Radio, built in Cellular Phone.
The vehicle is optimized for moderate off road work with all-weather 31x15x10.5 tires.

Attachments

·
Bronco XLT Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I like the light set up on the front, since I've posted my pic, I put a set of Daylighters on the front, I plan on putting a set of Driving lights on as soon as I get some more money. Yours doesn't look like it's rusted too bad, looks in pretty good shape for an '86. I like all the electronic stuff you've got in it. I put a Kenwood 10 disc changer, a CB, and a trailer brake control in mine. I want to get a scanner, and radar detector eventually.

·
Bronco Member
40 Posts
Thanks for the compliment but the rust was structural. I boutht the truck from some scumbag who sold me the unit, but didn't tell me it was in a flood. I had to fix the trucks structure using sheet steel. There is no major rust on the truck as this picture was taken in Feb. 2001. I had bought a air gun and assoc. tools and painted the truck myself to complete most of the job. The last owners had installed a new Jasper Motors rebuilt 5.0 Ltr. engine.
I put a Processor Chip enhancement into the units ECM to improve performance. The engine is equipped with headers, and 3" draft pipe back to a Edelbrock muffler. It runs really good for what is essentially a 14 year old truck.
The lights are controlled by my DC Power control center. The main lamps are a pair of 150 W H-3 lamps I rarely need them, but it is good to have them when I need them. I also have a pair of
55 W Halogen Fog, and Driving Lamps on the bumper. The Lamps and an electric power horn are ran off of the spare or accessory battery. The alternator provides charging current for both batteries simultaneously as well as the ignition electronics.
If you decide to get a all band scanner try to get a unit that may be 2-3 years old; thats because they haven't been modified not to receive the 700-800 Mhz. band now used by some police departments, and some cellular phones. ;)

Attachments

·
Bronco XLT Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Your rig sounds pretty sweet. Thanks for the advice on the scanner. Where can I look for one at? I mean, what kind of stores carry scanners?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts